Author Topic: Johannes Lent Oranienburg-Eden  (Read 722 times)

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Johannes Lent Oranienburg-Eden
« on: Saturday 01 July 17 12:26 BST (UK) »
A German document has come into my possession which appears to be a statement from a Herr Hermann Krauss with address in Oranienburg-Eden, where he is the Verbandsgeschäftsführer (MD) of the Brandenburg Raiffelsenverband e.V., a kind of agricultural commune.  Herr Krauss is stating that although a certain Johannes Lent was a member of the NSDAP ((Nazi party), he was not an active member and did not get involved in political matters.  Herr Lent's Nazi involvement is described as "nominal", particularly because of his strong Christian beliefs.  He was known to Herr Krauss from 1931 through their connection in Oranienburg-Eden.

The document is dated 31st October 1946 and is stamped at the bottom by the local police authorities, presumably on receipt by them.  I'm wondering if, in 1945, this Johannes Lent was due to appear before the authorities to prove his innocence, or what kind of circumstances would demand this kind of official statement.  If anyone can help, I'd be most grateful. The statement is headed "Unbedenklichkeitsbescheinigung", meaning something like "Declaration of no impediment".
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline fiddlerslass

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Johannes Lent Oranienburg-Eden
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 July 17 10:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,
 It is to do with the process of Denazification after the war; with the aim  of rooting out hard core Nazi sympathizers and war criminals.

See

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denazification

My ancestor from what is now the Czech Republic was a private in the German army WW2, mostly printing maps & documents for them, as he was a trained printer, and he was processed by the American Army on liberation from a Prisoner of War Camp .  He had similar documentation from the Americans to say he had not participated in any atrocities and was free to leave for what became West Germany.

Hope this helps.
Bulman, DUR
Butterfield DUR & N. YKS,
Earnshaw DUR
Hopps DUR & N. YKS
Howe, Richardson,Thompson all DUR

William Thompson violin maker Bishop Auckland
William Thompson jun. Violin maker Leeds

Richardson in Bermondsey/East Ham, descendants of William Richardson b. 1820 Bishop Auckland

Berger, Fritsch, Ritschel, Pechanz, Funke, Endesfelder & others from Czechia

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Johannes Lent Oranienburg-Eden
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 09:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks, that is most helpful.  Because of the date, I felt sure it had something to do with this process.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.