Author Topic: McNulty in Roosky or Foxford  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Patches

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
McNulty in Roosky or Foxford
« on: Monday 03 July 17 22:02 BST (UK) »
So on FindMyPast and Familysearch and other sites there are some 'Extract of census return' request forms:

1.  dated 5.12.16 (1916) requested by Mary Mcnulty, address Mrs Mary Ruddy, Curradrish?, Foxford, Co Mayo, parents Anthony +Ann McNulty. notes says in 1851 found John + Mary McNulty M? 1822 with Grandchild Mary McNulty 5yrs also son Anthony 26 (marriage column for Anthony blank.

2.  dated 16.3.1917 requested by Anthony McNulty address Roosky, Foxford, Co Mayo parents Anthony and Anne McNulty (McAndrew)

These maybe mine and I tried and failed to find anything other then these confusing forms.  If the 1851 was accessed in 1916, where is it held and how can it be searched?

My family is
Anthony McNulty b1816 married to Margaret Lynch B1821, Children Mary babt1850 Ireland, sons Thomas, Patrick and John born after 1851 in Fife, Scotland, Patricks birth states both parents from Mayo and married 1846. 1861 Scotland census mistranscribed/misspelt McKenalty.

I would really like to find where they lived in Ireland, but have no idea where to begin to look :(

Any suggestions would be most welcome
Kent - Jones, Wigley, Rigden, Philpott, Perry, Irwin, Booker, Durling, Saker, Venner, Nutting, Giles, McNalty, Burley, Crowhurst, Ford & Roots,
Sussex - Badcock,  Barden, Barham, Bridger, Carey, Courthope, Crampton, Ford, Wright, Dadswell, Okill, Elliott, Hepden, Jarrett, Foster, Marchant, Selmes and Warnett
Fife/Mayo - McNalty
Bucks - Folley & Spufford

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McNulty in Roosky or Foxford
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 July 17 22:47 BST (UK) »
1851 Census was destroyed in the infamous fire of 1922.
http://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/Irish-census.html

Offline Patches

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 July 17 22:52 BST (UK) »
Oh that's a shame :(

Will try some off the alternative source on the link you posted

Kent - Jones, Wigley, Rigden, Philpott, Perry, Irwin, Booker, Durling, Saker, Venner, Nutting, Giles, McNalty, Burley, Crowhurst, Ford & Roots,
Sussex - Badcock,  Barden, Barham, Bridger, Carey, Courthope, Crampton, Ford, Wright, Dadswell, Okill, Elliott, Hepden, Jarrett, Foster, Marchant, Selmes and Warnett
Fife/Mayo - McNalty
Bucks - Folley & Spufford

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 July 17 23:32 BST (UK) »
If your Anthony McNulty went to Scotland his present address when applying for a pension wouldn't be Mayo, unless he came back to Ireland plus if he was born 1816 he'd be 101 at the time of applying. The Anthony one is dated 1917.

What you need to find is Mary's Baptisim as you have both parents names but not all parish records go back that far.
http://registers.nli.ie/

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 July 17 20:43 BST (UK) »
If you type in on search....
curradrish foxford map
Slowly zoom in, then move the green spot to the bottom of the map screen zoom in slowly you will see Rooskey, spelt with an "e".
I looked for Anthony McNulty in the Tithe records, one in Mayo in
CROTT in the Parish of Kilbride.
Go back to the map, go north to Ballina, keep going north to Ballycastle, zoom in slow and you will see CROTT.
So try the Tithe Applotment records, 1823 to 1837.
RUDDY is listed as Fooford, the original book says Foxford, in the Parish of Toomore.
Maggsie