Author Topic: "Who Do You Think You Are", Series 14: #1 Charles Dance  (Read 8168 times)

Offline bugbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "Who Do You Think You Are", Series 14: #1 Charles Dance
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 19 July 17 11:43 BST (UK) »
Courtesy of iPlayer and freeze frame:

Death (from cert) was 16 July 1908, 100 Goldsmith Av, Acton.

BugBear (off to the BNA)

Add (later):
Always difficult to prove a negative, so I won't say there isn't a newspaper report.

But I can't find one.

BugBear
BICE Middlesex
WOMACK Norfolk/Suffolk

Offline frances-b

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 23 July 17 18:52 BST (UK) »
. . . as someone has already said above, usually when we're looking at the 1901 and 1911 censuses, the only people (at best) whom we might have known and met are our grandparents.
Sorry I'm a bit late to this thread.  My father is on the 1911 census, age two.  As well as him I knew his elder brother and mother while I was growing up, so have never felt that far away from the Edwardians and Victorians. :)
Buckingham Punter Webster Topliss Radbone Waite Green Hooper
Mander Brown Cottier Hall Filcock Osborne
Bamforth Wood Smith Sykes
Hirst White Fenwick Watson Wright Marsh Wood

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 24 July 17 11:58 BST (UK) »
. . . as someone has already said above, usually when we're looking at the 1901 and 1911 censuses, the only people (at best) whom we might have known and met are our grandparents.
Sorry I'm a bit late to this thread.  My father is on the 1911 census, age two.  As well as him I knew his elder brother and mother while I was growing up, so have never felt that far away from the Edwardians and Victorians. :)

My Father was a Victorian! (Born 1896) And so I too am quite close to the Victorian era...

Romilly :)
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.