Author Topic: Who were the fathers of Caroline and Matilda TANSLEY's daughters?  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
Re: Who were the fathers of Caroline and Matilda TANSLEY's daughters?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 10 July 17 09:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandy

Many thanks for that information. Are those records available on line? I have found a similar source in one of my other areas of interest in South Derbyshire.

Martha Tansley was on occasions known as Mary Ann. She was the oldest of the Tansley daughters and had her son she named Thomas Middleton Tansley on September 17th 1858 but the lad died in early March 1859 (perhaps remiss of me not getting his death certificate!).  Martha married in 1863 and went on to produce eight children.

I still haven't found an obvious George Goodwin of around the same age as Caroline Tansley. I only have one George Goodwin who died in Cottingham in 1866 aged 54 years. There is a curious thread leading between the families even here. This George Goodwin (a widower at the time) married Rebecca Aldwinckle (daughter of Henry Aldwinckle and Mary Sculthorpe) in 1837.  Rebecca's sister Caroline married a Charles Peach (son of gamekeeper Thomas from Empingham) in Cottingham in 1844. I believe, if my Rutland geography is correct, that David Tansley's wife Elizabeth Peach's family came from Stoke Dry. I haven't yet confirmed a definite link between the two families.

Alan

Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Who were the fathers of Caroline and Matilda TANSLEY's daughters?
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 12:48 BST (UK) »
No idea sorry. A friend gave me the index years ago.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright