Author Topic: AUSTEN of Newington next Hythe  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Nhoj0471

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
AUSTEN of Newington next Hythe
« on: Monday 10 July 17 06:19 BST (UK) »
If any one has access to Newington next Hythe parish records, looking for AUSTEN records, in particular christening of Elizabeth Austen between 1670-1685. Any help appreciated.

John
Australia

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: AUSTEN of Newington next Hythe
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 July 17 09:42 BST (UK) »
FindMyPast has the records for Newington next Hythe but there are no baptisms for Austen / Austin  , other than 2 in the mid 19th century.
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 August 17 02:18 BST (UK) »
If any one has access to Newington next Hythe parish records, looking for AUSTEN records, in particular christening of Elizabeth Austen between 1670-1685. Any help appreciated.

Hi John

I don't have access to these records but wondered what your interest in her was. I have her married to a member of the Kennett family I'm researching in Kent.

If you think it's the same Elizabeth please let me know.

Matt
John
Australia

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 August 17 02:21 BST (UK) »

John
Australia

Hi John

Did your Elizabeth marry into the Kennett family? If so let me know.

Matt

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 04 August 17 02:57 BST (UK) »
There are quite a few baptism's for your dates on FamilySearch.

Offline Nhoj0471

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 04 August 17 05:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt.

Sorry but I've been of line for a couple of weeks & have just seen your post. Yes, the Elizabeth Austin i am looking for married Richard Kennet, son of John Kennet.  Had children all baptised in Wye

John
Australia

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 04 August 17 14:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt.

Sorry but I've been of line for a couple of weeks & have just seen your post. Yes, the Elizabeth Austin i am looking for married Richard Kennet, son of John Kennet.  Had children all baptised in Wye

John
Australia

Hi a John

I only came across your post when looking for some other info. It's funny what you find when not actually looking lol!

Richard Kennett was the younger brother of my ancestor William Kennett who was born in Wye in 1670. William married a woman named Margaret Gibbs (or Gibbes) and had a son named John who was born in 1698. He married a widow named Mary Quested in 1732 by licence. They are the parents of my ancestor Lucebeth (Lucy) Kennett.

Richard (1673) and William (1670) had 4 siblings: Elizabeth (1665), John (1666), Elizabeth (1668), and Thomas (1672).

As you know their father was John Kennett (born 1632). The interesting thing is that their mother was Elizabeth Austen!

Elizabeth was born in Wye in 1642 and was the daughter of Valentine Austen of Wye. He was a maltster and this family also had links with Adisham.

It's possible that the Elizabeth who married Richard was a niece of his mother. Do you know anything about when/where she could have been born? What can you tell me about her children?  So far I only know their names and years of birth.

Anyhow I hope this is of interest and look forward to hearing from you. I'm off to the library now to get some more info on the Austens in Wye.

Matt.