Author Topic: Northumberland Archives Marriage Look Up Request  (Read 1626 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Northumberland Archives Marriage Look Up Request
« on: Monday 10 July 17 14:50 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if anyone would be able to kindly look up a marriage record for me? 

This is for George Matthew Richardson and Nancy Talbot who married at St Albans, Earsdon in the December quarter of 1962.  Both these people are deceased.  These were the Grandparents of someone I know personally and I am trying to help them out.  This person would be very grateful indeed to have this information. :)  The records in Tyneside for St Alban's do not go this far otherwise I would check the marriage out myself.  However, I know that the record will be at the Northumberland Archives. 

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline gc1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Northumberland Archives Marriage Look Up Request
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 July 17 21:05 BST (UK) »
On free BMD site:

Marriages Dec 1962
RICHARDSON George M.    Talbot    Nthmbld.S.    Vol: 1b    Page: 560

Hope this helps  :)
Collison & Watts in Headcorn & Hollingborne (Kent UK) & Michigan (USA)
Kavanagh in Wexford (Eire) Michigan & California (USA)
Salisbury, Burls & Vanstone (UK & Gibraltar)

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 July 17 22:04 BST (UK) »
Hi
you are trying to establish the parents of George M and Nancy?
I know this is supposition but I did a search on FreeBMDfor a George M Richardson born Northumberland 1900 to 1960 and there are only two. One in 1913 and one in 1938. The 1938 seems most likely mother's maiden name Hodgson. Of course this is assuming that George M was born Northumberland
There is a Nancy Talbot born 1941 mother's maiden name McGregor. The only one born 1900 - to 1983 Northumberland.
All supposition and if someone can look up the marriage that would save the cost of the certificate  ;)
Maybe check the children registered to this couple on FreeBMD to see if they match any names your friend knows.

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 July 17 23:44 BST (UK) »
I'm hoping to be at Woodhorn on Wednesday - happy to take a look

Christine

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 July 17 08:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Christine,

This is very kind of you to offer to do this lookup.  The person I know who wants this information will be very appreciative indeed. :)

Thank you also to gc1 and crisane for your help and suggestions.  The person I am trying to help is interested in all the marriage information for their deceased Grandparents but is particularly hoping to find out more about the background of their Grandfather George.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline c-side

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 20:57 BST (UK) »
Here are the details of the marriage

13 October 1962 by Banns

George Matthew Richardson age 24, bachelor, occupation Driver, address 91 Prospect Av. Seaton Delaval.  Father Ellison Richardson, occupation Miner

Nancy Winifred Talbot age 21, spinster, occupation Machinist, address 5 Clara Avenue, Bertram Place.  Father George Talbot, occupation Miner

Witnesses:  William James Etherington and Edna May Lynn

Hope your friend finds this useful

Christine

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 21:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Christine,

Thank you so much for looking this up!  I am sure the person I know will be delighted to have this information on their Grandparents' marriage.

I really appreciate your time in getting this information.

Many, Many thanks☺

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 22:49 BST (UK) »
A quick search on ancestry for an Ellison Richardson only shows up with Ellison as a middle name so your task doesn't seem to be getting any easier.  >:(
It is the same on FreeBMD, no births, no marriages anytime/anywhere for an Ellison Richardson and only one death in 1911.
There is a tree on ancestry with a Matthew Richardson. born 1938, no middle name, married Nancy W Talbot, son of Joseph Ellison Richardson and Margaret Hodgson. Joseph born 1910 to a Matthew Ellison and Jane Leadbitter. Tree name Leadbitter/Hails Family Tree, owner HAILS_SANDRA

Offline c-side

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 13 July 17 00:28 BST (UK) »
If you have access to the 1939 register you will find them as a family on there

Christine