Author Topic: Alexander McClure WW2 Australian Imperial Forces  (Read 3302 times)

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Francis McNab 1874 - 1932
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander McClure WW2 Australian Imperial Forces
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 09:43 BST (UK) »
Wow - Rootschatters you have done it again!  Great response and thanks everyone - will check out links/info now.  Maggie
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Jamjar,

Alexander's parents were James McClure and Hannah Mason.  Where are you finding the deaths?  I am once again amazed at the great response from everyone - very helpful.
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 10:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Jamjar,

Alexander's parents were James McClure and Hannah Mason.  Where are you finding the deaths?  I am once again amazed at the great response from everyone - very helpful.

I was looking to NSWBDM. Just had another look, but none with those parents. Can only check up to 1987?

Do you know if he remarried?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 10:18 BST (UK) »
Hi again Jamjar

Unfortunately Alexanders family seem to have lost total contact with him after he left Scotland - so  have no idea re re-marriage or death etc.   Suppose he could have gone interstate...  If I can access his actual records, it might tell us why he was only in army 2 months.  ?? Proved unsuitable for some reason?

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 10:20 BST (UK) »
WW2 records aren't accessible, I believe.

A middle name would be nice. I checked QLDBDM, but no joy there.

Jamjar

Added: There's only one marriage on NSWBDM, up to 1966, with an Alexander with no middle name:

14404/1940 Alexander MCCLURE to Veronica Jane HOWARD SYDNEY
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 11:48 BST (UK) »

I have purchased several WW2 service files; some I requested hard copy files and others I paid the lower fee to have them digitised and placed on the NAA website.

Our standard of service is to provide online copies of records which at the time of ordering had an access status of Not yet examined within 90 days of receiving your paid request.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 12:02 BST (UK) »
A long shot?
Vic Death 1968 #13298 Alex MACLURE
Father's name: UNKNOWN
Mother's name: Unknown (Unknown)
Place of birth: Unknown
Place of death: Parkville

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 13:05 BST (UK) »

I have purchased several WW2 service files; some I requested hard copy files and others I paid the lower fee to have them digitised and placed on the NAA website.

Our standard of service is to provide online copies of records which at the time of ordering had an access status of Not yet examined within 90 days of receiving your paid request.

Cando

Sorry Maggie,  I should have said not 'without cost'.

J.

Offline Aussie1947

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 15:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Technically Alexander should probably not have been able to enlist in the 2nd AIF in May 1940 because the recruitment age upper limit at that time was 35 years except for some officers and or Senior NCOs.

When he was discharged from the 2nd AIF on 31st July 1940 the upper age limit had been raised to 40 years in June 1940 and Alexander at that time was 39 years old which was within the new enlistment age limit for the 2nd AIF.

Gerry