Author Topic: TEAT TAIT BAIN SUTHERLAND FORD FOORD Watten and Fife  (Read 4864 times)

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: TEAT TAIT BAIN SUTHERLAND FORD FOORD Watten and Fife
« Reply #18 on: Monday 16 October 17 22:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Skoosh, a lovely story, it could well have ended in disaster though, happy they both survived to tell the tale, Nikitah.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 20:48 BST (UK) »
 Hi searchr, I'm wondering if George Tate born Bower 27 September 1754 to William Tate is the same George Teat who married Esther Murray 28 June 1777 at Halkirk, my John's Parents, I have found a birth for a Esther Murray  that looks promising 29 January 1756 at Dunnet, father John Murray mother Jannet Mearns, this would make George and Esther about the same age, if so do you think his father William, no mothers name, is yours? .         my problem is I can't find a birth for John Tait born about 1779, there is one without a first name, just Teat, that at a push might fit, 6, August 1781 to George  and Esther, there are other children names to this couple but no John. If George is the son of your William that makes my John, William's grandson ::) my other problem is George and Esther had a son named Robert Tait in February, before they married in June, sooo where does Robert come in, If the ? Teat  born 1781 is John that would be after Esther's father, then the only daughter I can find was born 1783  named Jannet this fits with Jannet Mearns, Esther's Mother , they don't have a William or a Margaret. Confused?, not me, Nikitah.

Offline searchr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 19 October 17 02:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Nikita,
will take some time and have a little think ....
hmmm ... I do see that as possible, but am not sure how to prove it. It makes some sense. I see what you mean about the Robert, though.
By the way, could you please tell me more or where I can find out more about John Tait in Ministers and Men? All I can see is that it's a book by Rev. Alexander Auld.
Skoosh, it's lovely to hear about someone fishing somewhere nearish to where all the people up there from my tree (in Wick as well as Watten and a few more places) must have been.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 19 October 17 12:11 BST (UK) »
I used to stay in Watten with friends & fished the Wick River for salmon. A unique accent Caithness, you can listen to examples on the Wick Heritage website.

Skoosh.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 19 October 17 16:56 BST (UK) »
Hi searchr, try this     graven-images.org.uk           you might find others there just little snippets but to think its about your relatives makes all the difference. Memorabilia Domestica is another interesting book by the rev Donald Sage , if you haven't read that and you want to down load it I'll see if I can find the link, Nikitah.

Offline searchr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 22 October 17 06:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Nikita and Skoosh,
I listened to William Sinclair, Skoosh, and liked his accent.
Thanks for the link Nikitah. Basically it seems he was a good person and died when he was 62. I would like that other link, please. I like links.
I've been sidetracked a bit lately but will get back to this tree.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 22 October 17 20:19 BST (UK) »
Hi searcher, try this ,   https://www.archive.org      when you get into the library just enter     memorabilia domestica,  in the search box, enjoy, Nikitah.

Offline searchr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 05 November 17 03:19 GMT (UK) »
I had a little wander around Nikitah and will do more wandering later ... been a bit distracted
Thanks so much all. I'll investigate our connection later too Nikitah, and investigate Wick Heritage Centre a bit more.