Author Topic: In search of Nana Lilian Askew nee Peers long lost family  (Read 638 times)

Offline Debbie M Burton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
In search of Nana Lilian Askew nee Peers long lost family
« on: Friday 14 July 17 00:49 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I'm searching for our long lost family of my Nana Lilian Askew nee Peers. Her sister was Mary Diamond nee Peers, she had married a John Diamond and they'd emigrated to America, Massachusetts in 1929. They had three children, John, Tom and Mary. Their children are my mum's cousins, and my mum will be aged 70 next year, Carole Burton nee Askew, It would be so lovely to give her a special surprise on her day, that would make her smile a great deal more. Hope someone can help in any way possible please and thanks. Also my Nana and her sister would always write often to each other when they're alive. In some of the letters I've found out that John and Mary Diamond's relatives have married into the surname of Jones. Hope someone can help to make this dream come true for my mum cos she's missed her cousin's and has always mentioned them, thanks. Deborah Burton

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: In search of Nana Lilian Askew nee Peers long lost family
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 July 17 03:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Debbie,

So, so sorry to report, but sadly, cousins Mary and Thomas  have passed away - Mary only recently this year, Thomas before 2014,

It was Mary, the daughter, who married JONES . This is her obituary:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=185214312

And another obituary for her (with a photo)
http://www.currentobituary.com/obit/206964

She leaves 4 children and 15 grandchildren, 8 gt-grandchildren. Her husband and one child, one grandchild, and one brother (Tom) pre-deceased her. Her other brother is living in Florida.

This is the obituary of her son who passed away 2014:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/wickedlocal-walpole/obituary.aspx?pid=173495940

There is an impressive number of descendants from an obviously close and loving family. And a large number of leads for you to follow - if you can run with that (social media is how I've made similar connections on own tree). If you have trouble, I can help but by PM as it will concern living people.

Kind regards
AMBLY

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline Debbie M Burton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: In search of Nana Lilian Askew nee Peers long lost family
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 July 17 11:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Ambly, awe, bless, thank you for helping me. My mum will be so gratefully thankful for you helping us immensly. I wish I could have found this site beforehand but I stumbled across this just last night. It's ever so sad I got tearful tbh cos I didn't get to know them but I have some photo copies of their photos from my nanas place. She passed away on the 21st of April 2010 aged 90, just before her 91st birthday, so miss her too. I will pass on the info to my mum and I hope we will be having a family reunion what my mum's so looking forward to. Thanks again, with best regards, Debbie Burton