Author Topic: Whitehaven Cemetery Photos  (Read 3740 times)

Offline robbiesmum

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Whitehaven Cemetery Photos
« on: Friday 14 July 17 10:17 BST (UK) »
I've added some more photos from Whitehaven cemetery to my album at:
http://longtown19.magix.net/album/all-albums

There are also transcriptions and obituaries for some of the people involved in the notes below the photos. (Still adding a few more photos each time I go for a walk round the cemetery.)

cheers
robbiesmum

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Whitehaven Cemetery Photos
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 July 17 11:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Robbiesmum,
if you happen to come across the names Ladlay[maybe Sadlay] and Creighton [Craiton/Crayton] i would be in you debt to send me a copy of the headstone.

Cheers
Jack Gee
GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,GRAHAM,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,BRITTON,HARVEY,ALLEN

Offline robbiesmum

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 19:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Jack
its not at Whitehaven Cemetery but at Uldale Church, possibly one of yours?

In memory of Charles CREIGHTON of Uldale who died Feb 12th 1898 aged 84 years. He held the position of Master of Uldale Grammar School for a period of 47 years. Hannah the wife of Charles CREIGHTON of Uldale who died Dec 4th 1880 aged 66 years. Also of Charles their son who died April 19th 1880 aged 35 years and was interred at St Michael’s Church Workington.

(I've a few more Creighton inscriptions recorded but mostly much further north at Arthuret and Stapleton, so don't sound like they're yours)

cheers
robbiesmum

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 21:20 BST (UK) »
Perhaps you have seen in the 1881 census, Creighton Jenkins NESBITT alongside his cousin Creighton Nesbitt JENKINS. :)
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 22:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks Robbiemum - this is one of my men. Much appreciated.

Cheers
Jack Gee
GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,GRAHAM,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,BRITTON,HARVEY,ALLEN

Offline robbiesmum

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 03 August 17 07:37 BST (UK) »
Would you like  a photo or have you seen it already?
cheers
robbiesmum

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 03 August 17 07:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Robbiesmum,
 could i have a photo please?
You have my email address.

cheers
jack

Offline robbiesmum

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 03 August 17 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Jack
photo is on Uldale album at:
http://longtown19.magix.net/album

You should be able to download the photo from there.
cheers
robbiesmum

Offline robbiesmum

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 18:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Jack
if you're still looking for Creightons, this sounds like one of yours at Whitehaven Cemetery:

Sacred to the memory of William CREIGHTON formerly of Uldale who died at Harras Dyke Jan 8th 1887 aged 74 years. Ann his wife died Jan 15th 1887 aged 70 years. Mary Ann their daughter died Feb 28th 1871 aged 18 years. The above interred at Gosforth. Sarah their daughter died Oct 4th 1916 aged 66 years. William their son husband of Mary Agnes CREIGHTON died Sep 19th 1927 aged 70 years. Mary Agnes CREIGHTON his wife died April 6th 1937 aged 79 years.

Have put a couple of photos on the Whitehaven album at
http://longtown19.magix.net/album
They're in alphabetical order so you should be able to find it and download a copy
cheers
robbiesmum