Author Topic: Some missing English Catholic records? FindMyPast.  (Read 498 times)

Online hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Some missing English Catholic records? FindMyPast.
« on: Friday 14 July 17 13:50 BST (UK) »
I'm unable to find some marriages that previously were easy to find if I searched in England Roman Catholic Parish Marriages.  Just in case I'm merely going nuts would someone kind please tell me whether these marriages are coming up in a search:

John Watson and Elizabeth Wickwar on 2nd September 1839

John Crawley and Mary Teresa Watson on 23 July 1866

Both marriages were at Warwick Street, Soho (Bavarian Chapel) in the Diocese of Westminster.   I can find the second one if I browse the register.  I have the images already, but I think there is a recent problem with the search engine.

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
Re: Some missing English Catholic records? FindMyPast.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 July 17 15:25 BST (UK) »
They appear in the GRO indexes, but not in the search for RC records.

Perhaps they intended something better than a browse, but something went wrong when they merged the new stuff. Should be worth giving them a nudge if you are certain they used to be findable.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.