Author Topic: William Henry Eason  (Read 3438 times)

Offline giblet

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Henry Eason
« Reply #9 on: Monday 17 July 17 23:40 BST (UK) »
Isabella Muckersie

Christening Date   01 Jul 1839
Christening Place PERTH,SCOTLAND
DOB   24 May 1839
Father   Thomas Muckersie
Mother   Helen Whitelaw

https://familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&query=%2Bgivenname%3Aisabella~%20%2Bsurname%3AMuckersie~&birth_year0=1800

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 00:55 BST (UK) »
Patricia on the Disposal List for the PRIAM, Wm Henry's address is Portland.  Various shipping reports note that the PRIAM's journey was to Portland Bay and Melbourne and many immigrants disembarked at Portland. 
https://www.glenelg.vic.gov.au/Files/immigrants_wall.pdf

I suggest you contact the Portland Family History Group.
historyhouse@glenelg.vic.gov.au

There is no death registration for a Wm Henry EASON on my resource.  It is possible he married before civil registration was commenced in Jul 1853.  I wonder if there was a marriage, if so did he marry at Portland prior to travelling to Kyneton and taking up 5 acres of land.

Birth
EASON Hellen
Father William Henry  Mother Isabell MUCKES
At East Ballan  1856  Reg#1279

Depending on the honesty of the informant, this certificate should give you the ages and places of birth of the parents (even if deceased), the date and place of their marriage and the father's occupation.

You can purchase (AUD $25.10 - recent fee increase) online and immediately download an image of the certificate and in this case it is a page of the register, from
https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/bdm/indexsearch.doj

Very little info available on my resources however this MAY be your man.

EASON William
Missing friends
9 Mar 1855
'Argus' missing friends index 1854-1855.
Comment  Mrs COULAM is at 175 Swanston Street.

There is mention of Wm H's brother Thomas in the newspaper clipping and there are a number of births at Malmsbury on my resource to a Thomas EASON and Jane Wheeler MARTIN.  Their marriage prior to emigration to Victoria.

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
Marriages Dec 1845   
EASON    Thomas         Wisbeach    14/318   
MARTIN    Jane Wheeler     Wisbeach    14/318

I'll see what else I can find when I get a moment.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 01:31 BST (UK) »
They died in New Zealand

https://www.bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/search/
1896/5284   EASON Jane Wheeler    71 years
1911/3638   EASON Thomas    86 years

Unfortunately many records for hospital admissions for the goldfields area of Vic commence in 1860.  Any records during the gold rush are scant.

Cando

Offline patricia backman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 01:52 BST (UK) »
Dear Cando,
Thomas Eason and Jane Wheeler Martin msrried 17.11.1845 Wisbeach, Camb. Arrived in 1848 in Victoria on the Palmyra, and lived in the Kyneton area, he was a wheelwright, and left for New Zealond on the Glencoe in 1863 where his family lived.  The Easons and still in Dunedin.  Thomas was a wheelwright there and made quite a name for himself I was told.

Thanks,
Patricia Backman

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 02:54 BST (UK) »
Patricia I note you make no comment about Hellen's birth certificate.  I wonder where she was born and who registered the birth. I also note that Ballan was the place of birth for four of the SMITH/MUCKERSEY/IE children.

Thomas EASON lived at Malmsbury and he is noted on the 1856 electoral roll with occupation wheelwright and qualified to vote as a householder in Mollison Street, Malmsbury.

Patricia who is giving you this information?  Are you finding it on a public tree and if so are you in contact with the person who did the research?

Do you have the newspaper clipping you mention or did you or others find it on TROVE?

Are you actually related to the EASON family or researching the names of those in the newspaper clipping?

The reason I ask these questions - is our information furthering your own research and who is actually your person of interest. ie your direct ancestor.

William EASON obviously did quite well for himself as he was an agricultural labourer aged 17 years in 1851, emigrated at the end of 1852 and then could afford to purchase 5 acres of land within three years of his arrival. So he was 21/22 when he died in 1855.  I doubt there was a  marriage.

Cheers
Cando

Offline patricia backman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 03:54 BST (UK) »
Dear Cando,
Yes I am related to the Eason family.  My great grandmother was the sister, her name being Mary Elizabeth Jane Eason.  She married at 16 to John Corby at 24 in Holbeach, Lincolnshire, before coming to Victoria on the Priam. I have been in touch with the Eason family in N.Z. There was a great celebration when the book was released and they sent me photos of my forebears. They wrote a book a few years ago and I was lucky to have a copy sent to me.  Mary was a "naughty" girl too as when she and John and her brother William Henry arrived in the Kyneton area  to be with the brother John Corby seems to have disappeared.  Many years ago I wrote to the Kyneton Family History and they looked into it.  John Dash seems to have met Mary after John Corby "disappeared".  They is no record of a marriage.  Anyhow, legally she couldn't so they lived together as man and wife and started having children. 
Yes, I agree with you William Eason did very well and it is so sad that he died so very young.  I have not ordered Hellen's birth certificate yet but I plan to shortly.  I have not heard of Ballan before but of course I am not a Victorian.  I have learnt not to take notice of information on public trees.  I have blocked my tree so it is private and that is the way I like it, especially when one buys certificates.  Iknow when I first started I bought all the certificates for my grandmother's family so I knew I was on the right track.
Thanks,
Patricia Backman

Offline patricia backman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 04:46 BST (UK) »
Dear Cando,
Copy of birth certificate says Hellen Eason b. 11.1.1856 East Ballan, Mt. Blackwood, William 22, Isabella 18, married Malsmbury.  The date has been scratched around and the date has been written over.  Its either 1854 or 1856.  Then underneath it says 1 m. (? married 1 month?)
Cheers,
Patricia Backman

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 06:01 BST (UK) »
Would this be Helen's marriage?

Reg. year1876 Reg. no1428 EASON Helen to OLIVER Richard John

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 06:21 BST (UK) »
Yes Jamjar,  I would say that is the marriage you mention there.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XTZ9-ZGK
See the bride's parents details.  :)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.