Author Topic: (*Completed with thanks*)Cannot access any transcripts of records on Ancestry.  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Doddie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot access any transcripts of records on Ancestry
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 July 17 16:57 BST (UK) »
Hi again Jim, very frustrating. When I weent into tools everything was 'on'. For some reason I cannot get the 'Basic View' option to stay off. All the other choices I can change, but every time I try to select 'off' for 'Basic View' it automatically reverts to 'on' status. Maybe it is the server of the system I am on. I will keep trying to solve the problem.

Doddie

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 July 17 17:05 BST (UK) »
Type this into Google & scroll down to Flash just to make sure it's on.

chrome://settings/content
If your using Chrome that is.
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline Doddie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 17 July 17 07:19 BST (UK) »
Have discovered that the problem lies with the server of the system I was using. I was not on my own laptop when I was experiencing the problem. I later managed to get a friend who is also on Ancestry to try his account on the same system and he had the same problem although on his own laptop things were fine. I stubbornly presumed that because the 'Oops,...' dialogue was an Ancestry one that the problem  lay with them or that my own account was suffering a glitch. Couldn't understand why other people were not having the same problem. Apologies for unnecessarily sidetracking all those who were kind enough to provide help and advice. I will now leave you all in peace.

Regards

Doddie

Offline Guernseyyogi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: (*Completed with thanks*)Cannot access any transcripts of records on Ancestry.
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 14:31 BST (UK) »
I have had this issue for the last 3 weeks and asked my IT minded son to help. He tries for ages without success, but just before totally giving up tried on his mobile phone , without wi-Fi, and the pages came up fine. So, deciding to turn off and restart my router/internet he was successful and my Ancestry has worked just perfect since.  I have contacted Ancestry to tell them this, but got (what seemed like) an automatic, reply back.  Good luck and give this a go it worked for me!