Author Topic: Marriage in Bangor October - December 1859  (Read 294 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage in Bangor October - December 1859
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 15 July 17 16:31 BST (UK) »
I had wondered if it was her married to William Griffith.  I am concerned that the Bangor marriage to Jane Smith is the one I found married to a mariner, the only way to disprove that is by getting the certificate.  I did wonder whether James returned to calling himself Paradine
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 15 July 17 17:25 BST (UK) »
There is something not quite right about the location of the 1859 Marriage between James Wootton & Jane Smith, the marriage index states it was registered Caernarvon, Caernarvonshire not Bangor Caernarvonshire, there is about 9 miles distance between the two.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline paslwigr

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 15 July 17 17:35 BST (UK) »
yes, I've been wondering that myself, whether I jumped on that marriage to Jane Smith too quickly. I have looked for a James Paradine of the correct age in the British & American censuses without luck, just in case he did change his name back. I think it's back to the drawing board with James, perhaps he died young. I need a time machine. William Griffiths was my husband's great grandfather. Thanks for all your help.
Thanks Ellenmai I'm rethinking that marriage.