Author Topic: Did George Alfred Carey and or his wife Francis immigrate to Canada  (Read 1959 times)

Offline BUZZ

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Did George Alfred Carey and or his wife Francis immigrate to Canada
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 16 July 17 14:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sandra for such detailed information.

I am researching my cousins ancestry on her fathers side, her paternal grandmother was George Alfred Carey's younger sister Elizabeth, so George and Frances children were my uncles cousins.

I will pass all the information on to my cousin.
Again thank so much.

Buzz

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 16 July 17 20:04 BST (UK) »
Pleased to be able to help. 

Frances Carey born 1908 London and aged 22 years appears on Canadian Passenger List - Montcalm - 24 October 1930 - domestic - brother Mr P Carey - 158 Bleeker Street, Toronto - nearest relative in country from whence came was an aunt - Mrs Jarvis 42 Crispin Avenue Burnt Oak Middlesex.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 17 July 17 13:39 BST (UK) »
Would be interesting to see if an obituary could be found for Eleanor Kealy who according to an ancestry tree passed away 13 March 1952 Toronto.  Would the obituary mention Frances  ??? Husband William Kealy passed away 6 November 1957.

Sandra

Obit for Eleanor Kealy doesn't mention Frances.  It is in the Toronto Star, March 14 1952, page 37.  She died in Whitby on March 13, 1952.  Wife of William Kealy.  Late of 11 Otter Avenue.  Mother of Mrs F Burnett (Florence), Mrs Charles Turton (Gladys), Mrs William Robertson (Phyllis), Mrs George Abdee (Maude), Mrs J Ryan (Mary), Mrs G O'Reilly (Madeline), Frederick, David and Arthur.  Interment Mount Hope Cemetery. 

RK