Author Topic: Anastasia L Doyle  (Read 12710 times)

Offline happyranter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anastasia L Doyle
« on: Saturday 15 July 17 21:32 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm researching my family tree and have traced back quite a way on my grandfather's side in Cork but am getting really stuck with my grandmother who I never knew. 
What I know is that she was born in Ireland, possibly Wexford, as my father used to talk about going to see his family in Wexford.  Her father was John Doyle on her marriage certificate and he is down as working .  She married John Collins b. 1890 in Swansea, Wales in 1920 in Swansea..  My father is Thomas Raymond Collins b 1931 in Swansea.
On her marriage certificate she is known as Lily Doyle and in electoral rolls know as Lilian Collins or Lily Collins, then on the Register of 1939 she is known as Anastasia L Doyle and her death certificate is in the name Anastasia Collins.  All these names are definitely her as I can tell from the names of her children (my uncles).   Her death certificate and the 1939 register have her year of birth as 1893/4 and her marriage certificate has her age as 20 in 1920.  There are
All the relatives I could ask about her have passed and not sure where to go next.  Any one have any ideas?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Anastasia L Doyle
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 July 17 21:37 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat
Does her marriage say what her father worked at?

Offline happyranter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 July 17 21:53 BST (UK) »
Hi thanks for replying yes, says he was a railwayman

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 July 17 21:58 BST (UK) »
That may help, I had a look in the Wexford Reg districts and there are several Anastasia's with father John in the time period.

Offline happyranter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 15 July 17 22:05 BST (UK) »
where are you looking?  I looked at http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/ but the only two I could find with father John were both agricultural labourers.  Guess he could have changed jobs!  There are several Anastasia Doyles in Wexford for the same year...I think she was born in November according to the 1939 census.  How will I know which is the right one or is it just guess work.  Would I have more luck if I went to Wexford and looked at the records there do you think?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 15 July 17 22:08 BST (UK) »
There are a couple of John Doyle working for the railway in Wexford in 1901, one has a daughter Mary Anastasia,
Just a possible for now
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Wexford/Clonroche/Rathturtin/1786438/
Mary A isn't at home in 1911
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Wexford/Clonroche/Rathturtin/677100/

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 15 July 17 22:10 BST (UK) »

Offline happyranter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 15 July 17 22:15 BST (UK) »
thank you for the links..i shall get searching!  I saw that one with the Mary Anastasia but wasn't sure as the Lily bit has thrown me ..it seems to be definitely part of her name. .. My fathers family had a thing about calling themselves by their middle names which makes it a bit more difficult

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 15 July 17 22:31 BST (UK) »
Another family name would help a lot, a brother or sister maybe, have you checked through any old family papers that may have survived, a memory card or a newspaper cutting, anything that could give a name or area.