Author Topic: Anastasia L Doyle  (Read 12704 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Anastasia L Doyle
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 16 July 17 00:04 BST (UK) »
Going around in circles looking at all the possibilities, there are just to many, getting a copy of her marriage from the church may prove to be the best idea, it could have her mother's name, or some other clue, she may have needed a letter of freedom from her home parish to marry there might be a record of that.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 16 July 17 01:05 BST (UK) »
This maybe something the Anastasia Doyle born in 1893 Cornmarket mother Anastasia Whelan has a brother Daniel born 1890
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1890/02416/1900680.pdf

The informant looks like Bridget Meyler
In 1901 Dan Doyle is living in Cornmarket with Bridget Meyler
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Wexford/Wexford_Town/Cornmarket_Street/1804818/
He's listed as Grandson so you would expect his grandmother to be Whelan or Doyle but either his Grandmother remarried or his mother was a widow when so married or grandson is incorrect.

I don't think the Anastasia Doyle also living in Cornmarket is John's wife there is a Anastasia Walsh and Stephen Doyle also having children in Cornmarket

Offline happyranter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 16 July 17 07:33 BST (UK) »
Do you know I think this is the right one as well.  When this Daniel's sister Anastasia was born the father is John and an engine driver...the same as on her marriage certificate which I have.  She lived with a Daniel briefly before her marriage to my grandfather according to electoral lists in Wales.   I had a gut feeling they were brother and sister but had no evidence.  I am going to Swansea anyway next week so will go to the Church they married in and see if I can access any further records.   This all matches up better than any other option.  The dob is a bit out.  Its November on the records for the 1939 register, September on this birth record.   Will there be more information on the birth records n the Parish in Wexford if I went there?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 16 July 17 07:47 BST (UK) »
The Baptisims won't have anything else apart from sponsors names which can be handy sometimes.
I wouldn't worry to much about the date, they are often incorrect, parents fibbed if they were late registering to avoid the fine, also people often didn't know their own correct dob.

If this is the correct family where are they in 1901?

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 16 July 17 07:51 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Who were the witnesses on her marriage to John and what address did she give? I can see Daniel Doyle in the electoral register. He is noted as a Naval/Military voter but I don't see Anastasia  :-\ What address do you have for her in those registers?
I think Daniel could be living on the same road as John Collins though.

Regards
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline happyranter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 16 July 17 07:53 BST (UK) »
Many months ago I found an Anastasia Doyle living as a servant to Nicholas Stafford at age 17 many months ago.  I;ve been looking for a family together in the census.  Maybe children were split up for some reason.  There is no family with John, Anastasia and Daniel in the census records.  I have been through the whole lot of John Doyles in Ireland lol
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Wexford/Kilcowan/Baldwinstown/692296/

Offline happyranter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 16 July 17 08:02 BST (UK) »
So Anastasia Doyle born 1893 to John Doyle and Anastasia Whelan - informant Bridget Whelen - father engine driver
Daniel Doyle born 1890 to John Doyle and Anastasia Whelan - informant Bridget Melyer - father stoker

Daniel Doyle lives with Bridget Melyer in 1911
No father and daughter Anastasia and John living together in Census 1911 or 1901.  I am convinced this is them but children split up or not recorded properly and they both end up in Swansea by 1919.  She stays and gets married in 1920 to my grandfather. The marriage certificate - I absolutely know its the right one - I have says Lily Doyle father John Doyle Railwayman. 

Her name is recorded as Anastasia L Collins in 1939 Register as is her death.  My father was Thomas R Collins but always called by his middle name. 

This one matches up better than any other I have seen so far

Offline happyranter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 16 July 17 08:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Heywood...I cant lay my hands on the marriage certificate just now but she was married in Swansea not Wexford.  The witnesses were neighbours of theirs in Swansea.  The address in Swansea on her marriage certificate is the same one that Daniel Doyle is recorded as living at on the electoral register.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 16 July 17 08:16 BST (UK) »
That's fine and what I have.
I must have misunderstood as I thought you said you had Anastatia along with Daniel in the electoral registers. It must be that you have them both in the same road but at different times.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk