Author Topic: Anastasia L Doyle  (Read 12722 times)

Offline happyranter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anastasia L Doyle
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 July 17 22:36 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately I never knew my grandparents.  My father led a difficult life and he died nearly 25 years ago.  I knew his brothers and sisters as a child but not that well and they are all dead.  The only other name I can find is that she was registered at the same house in Swansea with a Daniel Doyle the year before she got married...1919.  I cant see that he was born in Swansea and havent found him linked to john doyle or Anastasia doyle.  No idea what relation he is to her.  I have found an Anastasia Doyle with a John Doyle engine driver as a father on the link you sent born in May 1893 rather than November 1893. 

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 July 17 22:58 BST (UK) »
If you believe her marriage cert, then she was Elizabeth Doyle, born ca. 1900, father John Doyle, working on the railways.
There is an exact match for her in the family of John Doyle, of Enniscorthy, a railway guard.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Wexford/Enniscorthy_Urban/Templeshannon/1787975/
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline happyranter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 15 July 17 23:04 BST (UK) »
Yes  I think it is either Mary Anastasia or the one born in 1893 whose father John Doyle is an engine driver.  Thank you so much for your help...next stop Wexford! 

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 15 July 17 23:06 BST (UK) »
Have you checked the church records in addition to civil registration? For example, some Catholic marriage registers give both parents names.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 15 July 17 23:08 BST (UK) »
Yes  I think it is either Mary Anastasia or the one born in 1893 whose father John Doyle is an engine driver.  Thank you so much for your help...next stop Wexford!

Personally, I don't see a Mary Anastasia turning into Lilian, which is Elizabeth.

Offline happyranter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 15 July 17 23:11 BST (UK) »
I am inclined to think it is this one as I am also a little sceptical about the Mary
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1893/02290/1859554.pdf

I don't know how to access the catholic records you mention

Offline happyranter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 15 July 17 23:14 BST (UK) »
Ive ordered her death certificate and my fathers birth certificate in case there is anything more on that.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 15 July 17 23:16 BST (UK) »

I don't know how to access the catholic records you mention

Well, it is a question of identifying where they were married  - which is on the marriage registration - and then approaching whoever now has the records for that church/denomination for a copy of their register entry.

Offline happyranter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 15 July 17 23:20 BST (UK) »
She was married in Swansea, Wales in 1920.  She was in Swansea in 1919 but nothing before.  Only name on the marriage certificate is her fathers.