Author Topic: Cannot find a GRO REG  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot find a GRO REG
« Reply #18 on: Friday 21 July 17 16:11 BST (UK) »

I don't think a burial could take place without the death being registered could it, and unlike a birth it was registered within days.

I have an infant death on 6 April 1841, buried on 11 April, not registered until 2 July (1841).
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 21 July 17 20:11 BST (UK) »
FINAL note (dear me... I hope my wayward brain reminds me of that  :) )

MY Conclusion is that the cert I received today is CORRECT

and James and John changed names !!!! (its possible)  the age is correct the death matches up with the burial.

The Street has been transcribed as Rupell when I feel it should be Russell - and John was in Bridge street...

I have searched the newspapers for some kind of acknowledgement but nope.

So I have to admit --- almost defeat.... 

Sleep well John Raven and then I can (or we can here on Roots  ??? ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D)

xin

Offline AntonyMMM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Researcher (retired) and former Deputy Registrar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 21 July 17 21:02 BST (UK) »
It does say Russell Street.

You could get the registration office in Leicester, who will have the original death register, to check the names on that.

The register should be correct - it could be  the burial record that is wrong. The parish register may have been written up once a week/month by the vicar from rough notes kept in a day book

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 21 July 17 21:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that... I really appreciate it... cos I know I will never totally let him lie 

worth considering...   

he has a bell on his coffin this one :)  8) ::)

xin