Author Topic: Little Hallinbgury Parish Registers.  (Read 1092 times)

Offline keithj

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Little Hallinbgury Parish Registers.
« on: Sunday 16 July 17 00:58 BST (UK) »
I'm still hunting.....

SEAX has the Little Hallingbury PRs from about 1711 for births and baptisms and 1690 for burials. Does anyone know where the earlier registers are and if they're accessible? They are to be commended for the job that they're doing with these. It's just a pity that brute force searches are required. However these searches do often turn up little gems....

According to a note in the available PRs, the early registers are on parchment, while the registers after 1711 were on paper. The congregation approved replacement of the paper with parchment and for the transcribing of the PRs to that parchment.

Also, under Hertfordshire in FindMyPast, for a lot of Essex registers there are transcriptions for the years of 1629 and 1630. I found them by accident, so I haven't the foggiest idea how to get them back and which parish they're under.

Kind regards, Keith

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Little Hallinbgury Parish Registers.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 16:19 BST (UK) »
I don't know who you are looking for, but you could try FreeREG as Little Hallingbury is there to select, but without a name I could not try it out.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline keithj

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 23:57 BST (UK) »
I don't know who you are looking for, but you could try FreeREG as Little Hallingbury is there to select, but without a name I could not try it out.
regards.

FreeReg has the same as the ERO, that is from 1710 for births and baptisms and from 1690 for burials. I just heard from the ERO and they say that the early registers do not now exist.

Ah well, I can't now confirm some of thje information I have.

Keith

Offline laren

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 July 17 04:42 BST (UK) »
I'd also check neighbouring parishes. My area of interest (doing a One Place Study, so I have all the PR's) is Great Hallingbury. And there are quite a few registrations from Little Hallingbury and Takeley in the Great Hallingbury registers and vice versa - especially for non-conformists.

Regards,
Michelle
Stockton, NSW, Au - WW1 Service Personnel - http://ww1stockton.blogspot.com.au/

WATSON - Uddingston, Scotland -> Bendigo, Australia
CANET - France -> London -> Victoria, Au
SAPSFORD - Great Hallingbury and Edmonton, England
FREEMAN - Derry and Cork -> Glamorgan, Wales -> NSW, Au
BLANDTHORN - Chester -> Sandhurst/Bendigo, Vic, Au
HARPER & BRAY - Cornwall -> NZ -> Sandhurst/Bendigo, Vic, Au
RANN - Edmonton -> Vic, Au
WHITLEY - Waltham Abbey -> Edmonton -> Vic, Au
ABERNEATHY - Ireland/Scotland

Offline keithj

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 July 17 05:24 BST (UK) »
I'd also check neighbouring parishes. My area of interest (doing a One Place Study, so I have all the PR's) is Great Hallingbury. And there are quite a few registrations from Little Hallingbury and Takeley in the Great Hallingbury registers and vice versa - especially for non-conformists.

Regards,
Michelle

Thanks very much for that. I've hunted through the Great Hallingbury registers. I didn't think of the Takeley registers, so heigh ho, heigh ho, a hunting we will go.

Keith