Author Topic: Butfoy and Boutefoy descendants  (Read 360 times)

Offline Churchie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Bessie Williams 1894-1978
    • View Profile
Butfoy and Boutefoy descendants
« on: Sunday 16 July 17 06:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone.
I'm interested in hearing from anyone who is descended from the large Butfoy family of London.
My GGG Grandmother was Eliza Butfoy b1821.
She married Hugh Thomas Mann, and her father was named on the marriage record as William Butfoy.
William was married to Charlotte Everett, but not till many years after Eliza would have been born.
The brick wall we have, is that there is no birth records for this Eliza Butfoy.
After years of digging, we believe she was born to Charlotte Everett (no father named) along with her sister Harriet and a brother, William, and that William Butfoy may or may not be her biological father. These children were born in the Bethnal Green workhouse.
William Butfoy may have adopted her, or simply may have not quite got around to marrying Charlotte till 1836.

So, my question is: has any definite descendant of the Butfoy/Boutefoy family done a DNA test?
It may help confirm a relationship so we can finally make some progress.
I'm happy if you would prefer to PM me to give test details.

Many thanks,
Caroline.
Church, Ciaccia, Mann, Butfoy, Boutefoy, Hulbert, Allar, Furneaux, Tylee, Carruthers - London.
Close, Davies, Thomas, Isaac, Williams - Carmarthenshire, Glamorganshire, Monmouthshire.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Boutefoy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Butfoy and Boutefoy descendants
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 July 17 18:21 BST (UK) »
To my knowledge, no DNA test has ever been done on one of the Boutefoy descendants alive currently in France (only about ten). Here, I do not think the legislation allows it easily. Being one of the last to bear that name, I am willing, to get you some samples of my hair, traces of my blood and salivary specimens. If you wish, send me your mailing address on my mail: (*) and I will send them to you. You may be able to run a DNA test in your country.

Very sincerely.

Bernard Boutefoy  (See also www.boutefoy.net)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Churchie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 July 17 20:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the offer Bernard.
If you ever wish to do a DNA test you can do it through ancestry.co.uk or Family Tree DNA by buying a kit online. It doesn't matter what country you live in.

I think I will see if anyone definitely descended from Gabriel Boutefoy b1640 d 1686 London comes forward first, as we have a complete line running through to the William Butfoy who might be Eliza's father.

Best regards,
Caroline.
Church, Ciaccia, Mann, Butfoy, Boutefoy, Hulbert, Allar, Furneaux, Tylee, Carruthers - London.
Close, Davies, Thomas, Isaac, Williams - Carmarthenshire, Glamorganshire, Monmouthshire.

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
    • angloswiss.net
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 July 17 22:04 BST (UK) »
If you ever wish to do a DNA test you can do it through ancestry.co.uk or Family Tree DNA by buying a kit online. It doesn't matter what country you live in.

Ancestry won't send a testing kit to France at present, but Family Tree DNA will.
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Churchie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 July 17 21:23 BST (UK) »

[/quote]

Ancestry won't send a testing kit to France at present, but Family Tree DNA will.
[/quote]

Handy to know if you think you would like to take a test Bernard.