Author Topic: Proving/ dis proving one mother; Jane Wilson  (Read 1527 times)

Offline rosieM

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Proving/ dis proving one mother; Jane Wilson
« on: Sunday 16 July 17 10:11 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me prove disprove if Im looking for 1 woman or 2?  2 mothers on paper. 2 batches of kids.  1 child from the first mother belongs to me.  Second mother I can follow apart from in-between census 1851-61  (which would help disprove shes the same lady) Both cant write.
Jane Wilson (know nothing else) poss wed/lived with George Price before paring up with George Parnham Worksop (at least 1858 by birth cert of 1 child Richard (on 1861 census)

Jane Wilson Most possibly hooked up with a George Price and had 2 plus children in Lincoln prior to Parnham. 

Parnham weds Jane Attrick 1866   but she gives birth 1865 (at least)

I have believed for yrs Jane Attrick to be my relative. But this new slant of 2 Janes with Parnham make the world of Diff because my ancestor is the second child George (again 1861 census) but I know for sure he only assumed Parnham as a name from his death report which was a suicide and messy.
Any help from any direction to find who this Jane Wilson Is/was   and also as important who this George Price is/was please.  they are the 2 that matter not the rest.  Thank you in advance..apols its lengthy.  Have to dash for bit  :) ::)
Price Lincoln
Kilvington Yorks
Parnham - Notts/Yorks/Grimsby/Louth/Derbyshire
Hardwick - Hull Yorks/Poole Dorset
Hattrick Ireland/Doncaster
Ray/Reay/Wray/ -Hull Yorks
Dann - Dannet/Louth Lincs
Keal - Louth Lincs
Lindley -
Cunningham -Hull/Louth/Yorks
Hollis - Notts/Yorks
Wilson - Yorks/Notts/Boston
Russell - Market deeping lincs
Morris - Bedfordshire
Mobbs- Lincoln
Smiths - Yorks/Lincoln
Gray - Yorks /Derbyshire
Bramwell - Chesterfield/Derby/Louth
Taylor Lincs/Derbyshire
Bostock - Derbyshire

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Proving/ dis proving one mother; Jane Wilson
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 July 17 10:50 BST (UK) »
Could you please give the links to your other post/s re Jane.  Sorry, I would do it but am on my iPad

Earlier post on Jane
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=774611.0
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 16 July 17 11:26 BST (UK) »
George PRICE was a Chair Maker (from baptism of Mary PRICE 1857 Lincoln, see FreeREG)

George PARNHAM was a Chair Bottomer (1861 census)

Could they be the same person?
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 July 17 11:33 BST (UK) »
Here is 1861 census for anyone trying to follow this:

Lodging House, 39 Norfolk Street, Worksop, Notts

George Parnham Hd 31 Derby
Jane Parnham Wife 24 Yorkshire
Alice   "                  9 Nottingham
George    "             8  City, Lincolnshire
Richard   "              2  Worksop
Thomas   "             1  Worksop

Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 July 17 12:21 BST (UK) »
The GRO index for George gives his mother's maiden name as Wilson. The birth certificate maight give more detail.

I can't find a birth of Alice in 1852 but there is an Alice Hatterick in Nottingham in 1851 and 1852 - no mother's maiden name.

Also a Jane Hattrick b 1835 in Doncaster on the 1841 census, daughter of Samuel and Elizabeth.

Jane, transcribed as Habrich, is lodger in Bear Court, Nottingham in 1851, a pedlar born in Doncaster in 1833.

Jane Parnham and Hatterick seem to have matching birth places and similar years etc.

David

P.S, - Samuel Parnham in 1865 has the mother as Attrick as does John in 1867 and Sarah in 1870

Offline rosieM

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 16 July 17 12:36 BST (UK) »
The GRO index for George gives his mother's maiden name as Wilson. The birth certificate maight give more detail.

Thank you David😊 i think all you gathered there is correct apart from Jane hatrick 1851 is lodging with Chas Wilson whos wed to ( ann parnham or Pernhan..further down is another parnham sister Sarah off top of my head) and these may well be the siblings of George Parnham senior if he really is G parnham son of Richard and Mary 1841 (Pernhan) it makes sense they are all tog. Janes age in 61 census 24...71 census 38.
Ive got Georges birth cert lincoln 1854 nothing on it more than you have just posted apart from they live in Andersons Lane Lincoln. I hate to think ill never know who i am😨😧

I can't find a birth of Alice in 1852 but there is an Alice Hatterick in Nottingham in 1851 and 1852 - no mother's maiden name.

Also a Jane Hattrick b 1835 in Doncaster on the 1841 census, daughter of Samuel and Elizabeth.

Jane, transcribed as Habrich, is lodger in Bear Court, Nottingham in 1851, a pedlar born in Doncaster in 1833.

Jane Parnham and Hatterick seem to have matching birth places and similar years etc.

David

P.S, - Samuel Parnham in 1865 has the mother as Attrick as does John in 1867
George PRICE was a Chair Maker (from baptism of Mary PRICE 1857 Lincoln, see FreeREG)

Its crossed my mind about one and the same man but for the george junior who 'assumed' the name of parnham. Why be a Price...father being your father..and point out Parnham was an assumed name? As i could neither find Price or Parnham before 1861 could it be they made Parnham up completely?  Still leave Price. But there was one in Prison in that area..did he come out and change his name? Pretty sure i tead on a baptism both Janes born Doncaster..ages differ on census tho as lady pointed out in the library, hence this new chase. What a bunch to untangle. Thanks for the info posted tho..

Price Lincoln
Kilvington Yorks
Keal - Louth Lincs
Lindley -
Hollis - Notts/Yorks
Morris - Bedfordshire
Mobbs- Lincoln
Smiths - Yorks/Lincoln
Gray - Yorks /Derbyshire
Taylor Lincs/Derbyshire
Bostock - Derbyshire

Offline rosieM

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 07:45 BST (UK) »

Thank you David😊 i think all you gathered there is correct apart from Jane hatrick 1851 is lodging with Chas Wilson whos wed to ( ann parnham or Pernhan..further down is another parnham sister Sarah off top of my head) and these may well be the siblings of George Parnham senior if he really is G parnham son of Richard and Mary 1841 (Pernhan) it makes sense they are all tog. Janes age in 61 census 24...71 census 38.
Ive got Georges birth cert lincoln 1854 nothing on it more than you have just posted apart from they live in Andersons Lane Lincoln. I hate to think ill never know who i am😨😧ps appologies David. I see your Habric was correct. My veiwing must have been corrected somepoint.

David

Its crossed my mind about one and the same man but for the george junior who 'assumed' the name of parnham. i couldn't find any marrige for George Price . Pretty sure i read on a baptism both Janes born Doncaster..ages differ on 61 n 71 census though.

I think very likely. Maybe one was married..crazy lot to sift through. Need a miracle. Appologies for my error on Habric/Hatrick. You were correct. I had seen only the Chas Wilson census. I see its one and the same. Sorry😊
Price Lincoln
Kilvington Yorks
Keal - Louth Lincs
Lindley -
Hollis - Notts/Yorks
Morris - Bedfordshire
Mobbs- Lincoln
Smiths - Yorks/Lincoln
Gray - Yorks /Derbyshire
Taylor Lincs/Derbyshire
Bostock - Derbyshire

Offline rosieM

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 18:32 BST (UK) »

Ive got Georges birth cert lincoln 1854 nothing on it more than you have just posted apart from they live in Andersons Lane Lincoln. I hate to think ill never know who i am😨😧ps appologies David. I see your Habric was correct. My veiwing must have been corrected somepoint.

David

Its crossed my mind about one and the same man but for the george junior who 'assumed' the name of parnham. i couldn't find any marrige for George Price . Pretty sure i read on a baptism both Janes born Doncaster..ages differ on 61 n 71 census though.

I think very likely. Maybe one was married..crazy lot to sift through. Need a miracle. Appologies for my error on Habric/Hatrick. You were correct. I had seen only the Chas Wilson census. I see its one and the same. Sorry😊

Well..marriage cert Gp and JA says bachelor and spinster.so niether wed before. Dosent help much. But saves endless trawl for any coupling. Did this pair just take time out as other people?  Or did 2 other people give life to my' younger Gp? Hell knows😦
Price Lincoln
Kilvington Yorks
Keal - Louth Lincs
Lindley -
Hollis - Notts/Yorks