Author Topic: tracking down relatives of F/Sgt J.R.G.MacDonald from Kindersley,SK  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
tracking down relatives of F/Sgt J.R.G.MacDonald from Kindersley,SK
« on: Sunday 16 July 17 11:32 BST (UK) »
Dear Members,  For my research I am trying to track down the relatives of F/Sgt J.R.G.MacDonald from Kindersley,SK. F/Sgt MacDonald piloted a 620 Sqdn Stirling bomber coded EE906 and shotdown
26th July 1943 and crashed near the village Lieshout in The Netherlands. Sadly he and four of his crw not survived and buried side by side at Eindhoven R.C. General Cemetery. I am in touch already with the relatives of Sgt H.Hadfield who was the bombaimer of this particular Bomber and my intention is to get in touch with the relatives of the entire crew. Later on a possibility of a memorial and/or booklet in memory of this crew. Is there some one who can help me out with this matter??? 

Cheers,
Adrian van Zantvoort
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
Re: tracking down relatives of F/Sgt J.R.G.MacDonald from Kindersley,SK
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 July 17 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Joseph Roderick Gerald MacDonald, Service #R115757, b. Nov. 15, 1917 Saskatchewan, father
Hugh MacDonald, b. St. Andrews Ontario, mother Marguerite Claudie Boutin, b. Castleman, Ontario.
You can see his service file through Ancestry for free, you just have to be registered.
http://search.ancestry.ca/search/db.aspx?dbid=9145&geo_a=r&o_iid=41015&o_lid=41015&o_sch=Web+Property

1921 Census, Maple Creek, Saskatchewan
MacDonald, Hugh, age 26
MacDonald, Margarett, age 22
MacDonald, Gerald, age 4
MacDonald, Clarence, age 2
MacDonald, Jack, age 4/12
MacDonald, Archie, age 4/12

Obituary for Archie MacDonald from the Calgary Herald, b. 1921 d. 2013, predeceased by parents
Hugh and Marguerite, brothers Gerald, Clarence and his twin brother Jack......survived by....
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/calgaryherald/obituary.aspx?pid=165028818

Some of the surnames listed in the obituary are uncommon, you can try Canada411
http://www.canada411.ca/

Cheers,
DB

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 July 17 05:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for your information and sure I will try the surnames on the obituary and see if I can find them in Canada411. Good lead. THANKS!!

Cheers,
Adrian
Bomber Command research during WW2 in the South Eastern part of The Netherlands. Especially aircraft crash research and locating their crews.

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 05:22 BST (UK) »
Just in case you missed this: If you peruse his military file, it states he was married in Saskatchewan 04 Sept 1942, so there is a chance there was time for one child before he died. The file does state her full name, but as she may be still living, her name can't be stated here.

Offline Ad van Zantvoort

• No PM
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 August 19 09:32 BST (UK) »
The Historical Society of Lieshout will erect a memorial on Friday 13th September in memory of this crew. It would be nice if the family knows all about it (and our research to the loss and fate of this aircraft) and attending the memorial unveiling. I am in touch with the families of McLauchlan, Hadfield and Jones mostly with great help of members of Rootschat.

Let's hope to get in touch with the family.
Best Wishes,
Adrian