Author Topic: Frank Yeoman ELLERY NZ Family  (Read 2541 times)

Online Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Yeoman ELLERY NZ Family
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Part quote from reply # 68....

"I would say that the forename is meant to be Jenny  ... though it looks rather like "Janny".    First letter is definitely a " J "."

I think "Fanny" should be considered as a possibility.

Minniehaha.

Why  ???

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bernice11152

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday 29 November 17 20:18 GMT (UK) »
In answer to the questionable trees/ websites of Martha Maria Vercoe there are 2 but people have put them as 1;  1 born 1833 to Philip & Caroline  arrived in NZ 1842 age 8 on Timandra who married Charles Baker in 1852 and another born 1831 to Henry & Ann both baptized in different parishes of Cornwall who arrived in NZ in 1852 and married John Grigg in 1855.
I will get the marriage print of of Jane & James Ellery

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 29 November 17 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Bernice ...

Yes I think it's a very good idea to get the marriage printout (1882) for Jane and James.   The info contained for Jane, will have been provided by Jane herself and thus be a much more reliable source.   ;)

I have the GRINTER info (for Robert's  family ) to place here ... might wait until you receive marriage printout and do it then.

~  Lu

Offline bernice11152

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Thursday 30 November 17 02:56 GMT (UK) »
It will be a week before i get the cert
thanks Lu

Offline bernice11152

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Friday 08 December 17 04:44 GMT (UK) »
I have uploaded the Parents section of James Ellery & Jane Baker marriage cert but it has got me no further as Jane is still not on the BMD
I also had problems transcribing her mothers christian  name other than It is not Jane as that is written clearly for her
Hoping for some help
thanks

Online Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Saturday 09 December 17 05:33 GMT (UK) »

I also had problems transcribing her mothers christian  name other than It is not Jane as that is written clearly for her ...

Hi Bernice

Mmm ... I think the mother's name is "Jane" (and I thought so even before reading your comment  ;D ).     
Another thing too is that when Jane was having children with GRINTER, she was known as Jenny (variable spellings).   So given that Jenny is a "pet name" for Jane, it may well be that she was known by Jenny to differentiate her from her mother of the same name ??
-----------

Can you also let us know all the details for Jane BAKER that appear on the marriage printout, please ?

- date & place of marriage
- her age
- was she a widow* .... or did she claim to be a "spinster"  ?   
- her birthplace
- residence at time of marriage
- also the names / occupations / addresses of the witnesses to the marriage.

[Don't need the info for James ELLERY ... and if the Witnesses names are not clear, could you post an image of that portion of the printout to this thread,  please? ]

[* Didn't ever find a marriage for Jenny (or Jane) and Robert GRINTER.  ]

~  Lu