Author Topic: MAINLAND, George b.1773  (Read 171 times)

Offline MAPS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MAINLAND, George b.1773
« on: Monday 17 July 17 10:07 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Is there anybody out there especially from Rousay and Wyre who has info about the George Mainland/ Giles Harrold family from Testaquoy and Bu farms on Wyre, Rousay. Early 1700's.
George MAINLAND II (grandson of George and Giles) b. 1773 is by a process of elimination the best candidate to be my ancestor.
I do know about the 50 year gap in the Rousay records but was hoping that somewhere someone may have a clue that would connect this George to the one I know as my Ancestor .(see below)

In the East End of London, England in 1810, GEORGE MAINLAND a Master Mariner married a MARY HALCRO(W).

Any ideas ? MAPS
Mainland [Orkney/Middlesex], Hill [London/Bristol], Adamson [Fife], Nicholson [Fifi], Tippett [Cornwall/Devon],
Heays [Tasmania/England], Reid [England/Scotland], Halcrow, Williams and many others.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.