Author Topic: Great War Exhibition at Whitley Bay Library  (Read 2520 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Great War Exhibition at Whitley Bay Library
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 July 17 14:06 BST (UK) »
I have just been to the Whitley Bay library and very fortuitously met the lady (with her friend) whose exhibition this is.  It was lovely to meet these ladies and we enjoyed a delightful chat and I was able to tell of my posts on RootsChat!

I was very privileged that the owner of the exhibition opened out the pink book cover type exhibit so I can post another photo of this.  She says she bought this from an antiques fair and that the history of this is that this was something that a soldier sent home during the Great War.

The lady says the exhibition will be finishing this coming Thursday - so get along while you can.  :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 July 17 14:11 BST (UK) »
This is another exhibit photo. 
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 July 17 14:11 BST (UK) »
and another ...

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 19:35 BST (UK) »

my aunt has recently passed to me several family related ww1 embroidered postcards - one similar to the first attached. they were sent from my g aunt to her brother during the war.

I have a book: An illustrated history of the embroidered silk postcard. Dr I Collins.

there is a website by him:
https://sites.google.com/site/embroideredsilkpostcards/

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)