Author Topic: polish ancestors!  (Read 671 times)

Offline sam9988350

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
polish ancestors!
« on: Tuesday 18 July 17 15:43 BST (UK) »
hi, iv recently been researching my granddads, Dmytro Stanko (born 1924) family history but become stuck. He was born in Poland and didn't mention his family to us. Iv managed to find some information but wanted to know more about his mum and dad. Would really appreciate any help.
What iv found so far Ilko Stanko and Matrona Stanko were his parents and Zofia, Piotr, Maria, Jozef and Oleksy were his siblings.
would also like to know birth dates and death dates if anyone is able to help.
thanks!!!

Offline Bradshaw111

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: polish ancestors!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 July 23 23:06 BST (UK) »
Hi! I am being cheeky and tagging onto your message because I have a very similar enquiry. My grandfather Otto Stadler was born 1925 in Szczakowa, Kattowice, Poland. His mother was Anna Reichel, I believe from
Bilin, Bohemia and his father was wladyslaus Stadler, a polish glass worker. It has taken me ages to
Work that much out as my grandfather was also very quiet about his past. It seems a minefield trying to research this area of the world as the borders changed so much. Do you research Poland? Upper Austria? Bohemia? Sudetenland? Checkoslovakia?
Apologies for being cheeky but I think any research tips u get might be useful to me too 😊 Clare