Author Topic: Christina from Plymouth  (Read 2158 times)

Offline suzie9

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Christina from Plymouth
« on: Tuesday 18 July 17 21:57 BST (UK) »
Just wondering if anyone is looking for Christina from Plymouth born 1855.  Rather random I know but I dont know her maiden name.  I have done some research and found a Christina Scawn but cannot find a marriage or death for her so am wondering if they are one and the same.  Christina disappears from Plymouth and re-appears in Liverpool in 1877 now married (to Albert Edward Montrose, actor/general dealer) but I cannot find a marriage that corresponds.  She does move round the country a lot with employment and various prisons! May be there is someone out there looking for their missing Christina too.
Holding, Liverpool / Cooper, Birmingham / Leather, Cheshire / Bowman, Ireland / Cadle, Liverpool /  Broady, Cheshire / White, Liverpool / Dodd, Liverpool / Dodd, Birmingham / Lea Cheshire / Higham Liverpool /Plant Cheshire

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Christina from Plymouth
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 23:15 BST (UK) »
Question - if you don't know who she is - why are you researching her?  What is her connection to your FH?

Are you a descendant of one of her children?

Christina disappears from Plymouth and re-appears in Liverpool in 1877

Censuses were 1871 and 1881 so what documentation do you have from 1877?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline suzie9

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 23:16 BST (UK) »
Christina is my great great grandmother.
Holding, Liverpool / Cooper, Birmingham / Leather, Cheshire / Bowman, Ireland / Cadle, Liverpool /  Broady, Cheshire / White, Liverpool / Dodd, Liverpool / Dodd, Birmingham / Lea Cheshire / Higham Liverpool /Plant Cheshire

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 23:17 BST (UK) »
Was your great grandmothers birth registered?  Name & year please?

How do you know Christina was born 1855?  Please give us all info to save time and effort
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 23:19 BST (UK) »
Your great grandmothers birth cert should show Christina's maiden name

Offline suzie9

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 23:22 BST (UK) »
Christina is in court in 1877 (Chester).  Am not sure if her birth was registered as I dont know her maiden name.  My great grandmother was born in Liverpool but I can only find a baptismal record and it doesnt give any other details other than her parents names - no maiden name.  Have applied to records office but they cant find a marriage certificate for Christina or a birth certificate for my great grandmother.

Offline suzie9

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 23:26 BST (UK) »
Christinas birth year appears on the censuses however she is a bit liberal with her age.  She says on them she is married and then goes to being single but keeps the name Montrose. Tried looking up Montrose as a maiden name too but nothing comes up.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 23:27 BST (UK) »
Am not sure if her birth was registered as I dont know her maiden name.

I asked whether your great grandmothers birth was registered - Christina's child

Can you please supply the childs name and birthyear as we are getting nowhere at the moment

Have you found the child or Christina or Albert Edward Montrose on any census records - if so please give full details of which census and where they were living at that time.

Giving so little info only causes problems

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 18 July 17 23:37 BST (UK) »
1891 has her as a servant born 1860 Plymouth working in Derbyshire and single so where is the child in 1891?

RG12 Piece 2778 Folio 51 Page 43