Author Topic: Census lookup help please HIGGINSON  (Read 2933 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Census lookup help please HIGGINSON
« Reply #18 on: Friday 21 July 17 07:59 BST (UK) »
FYI
The 1943 NSW electoral Roll shows Myrtle Olive ROGERS at 79 Muston Street, Mosman .
She was a milliner.

Other electoral roll listings are available for her in both Victoria, and NSW. In NSW she was in the Mosman area from 1930 to 1943

This is (very closely) the 'same' address where the couple are located together in 1949 after their marriage. (see above)

Myrtle was born in Victoria in 1899 and was one of several children to a couple living in Essendon.
A sister of Myrtle, Violet Nellie ROGERS, a professional singer,  lived with Myrtle in NSW in 1930 and 1933.

The value of this information is merely that it suggests Myrtle had not been previously wed before marrying HIGGINSON.

Sue

ADDING
The marriage seems to be in the last 10 days of March 1945
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 21 July 17 08:32 BST (UK) »
Sue

ADDING
The marriage seems to be in the last 10 days of March 1945

Marriage date: 31 March 1945

J.
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 21 July 17 09:01 BST (UK) »

The RAAF service records for Charles are held by the National Archives of Australia and are not yet digitised, but their online index shows you can request a copy  (for a fee), and I would expect they would show where he was stationed during/throughout his service, including each change with their respective dates.  It can take months for the request to be processed when the file has not yet been examined.  The current fee is around Au$75.00

http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/search/
HIGGINSON Charles, Service Number - 72483 : Born 31 Mar 1900,  Plymouth, ENGLAND : Enlisted SYDNEY : NoK HIGGINSON Myrte

JM

I do note the RAAF enlistment date and address show Charles was in Coogee in 1942  (as well as 1943 per E R)

Although his wife is shown as NOK, it is possible that this is recorded because it was the most recent of notifications of NOK.

Meaning, it may be a replacement from a previous NOK who had been recorded before the marriage.

I think it is normal procedure to show the most recent listed NOK on summaries? Not sure.

Any thoughts anyone?

Sue

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 21 July 17 09:23 BST (UK) »
Births of Myrtle and sister in ESSENDON, Victoria

Reg. year1899 Reg. no18306: ROGERS Myrtle Olive parents Chas and Annabella (Brown)

Reg. year1896 Reg. no3121 Rogers Violet Nellie parents Chas and Annabella (Brown)

As an aside Violet married George Atherten Vaughan. He had 4 children from a previous marriage and died, in his 70s, in 1948. I can't see a second marriage or death for Violet.

Jamjar

Added: Other siblings

Reg. year1887 Reg. no10819 ROGERS May Annebella

Reg. year1890 Reg. no32071 ROGERS Bella Grace

Reg. year1890 Reg. no7045 ROGERS May

Reg. year1893 Reg. no3376 ROGERS Ernest Roy

Added:

Death, death notice and Obit for Myrtle's mother, 5th column:

Reg. year1914 Reg. no2554 ROGERS Annabella parents Brown Ebenezer and Wina (Unknown), aged 46

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article189385936

http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article152648076

Death of father:

Reg. year1912 Reg. no14016 ROGERS Chas parents Rogers Jno and Agnes Holland (Vickers), aged 53

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 21 July 17 09:27 BST (UK) »
Yes, Sue,

I am sure the practice is that most recent NOK is the one that gets displayed on the online databases.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 21 July 17 09:54 BST (UK) »
The full document of service history may be very helpful, though expensive ::)

However, location of the chap at various times over those couple of years , is obviously very relevant to our OP's query.

Sue

Offline sheddyg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 11:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much everyone - I'm very grateful for all your efforts 😁 I'm pretty sure this is our Charles Higginson. It's quite a complicated and sad story (as they often are) ... so now I'm going to take this all back to my friend and see if they want me to continue with the English Higginsons, and also whether they would like to take the Ancestry DNA test- which has been very successful for me!
TOLLIT,middx,oxon BRUNNER, oxford,birmingham
STEER,middx,warcs,monmouth,CHAMBERLAIN,middx,NETTLEFOLD
COOPER,leics, bristol,  GOODRICH,leics
MILLS, bucks, WIGGINTON,eton
BISHOPdevon,aus,HAMBLY,cornwall, 
HARGREAVES,irelandto nz & aus, BOWMAN,ireland to nz & aus
BIDDLECOMBE Hants              
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
ROSS Scotland