Author Topic: McGUIGAN/McMULLEN MARRIAGE  (Read 457 times)

Offline daisynook

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
McGUIGAN/McMULLEN MARRIAGE
« on: Thursday 20 July 17 11:25 BST (UK) »
Is there anyone out there who can help me pin down the right family?  John Bartholomew McMullen b.1839/40 b.1849 in Belfast, I believe married Teresa McGuigan b.1847 in Ballymacarrett married in Salford in 1864.
I also have found a family with the same names with later dates in 1870s.  Bartholomew seems an unusual name to have two people with the same name and wife with the same name?!

What complicates things even further is that JB was married twice to Mary Ann Wilson and Teresa M McGuigan, I think Teresa may have been married twice and JBs other wife Mary Ann Wilson was previously married to John Thomas Freel.  Oh what a tangled web.

Any help even unravelling a small strand would be appreciated.
McMullen, Gleave, Kelly, Scholes, Mather, Phillips, Lock

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McGUIGAN/McMULLEN MARRIAGE
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 July 17 15:15 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for help with even though you've posted on Co. Down board). Although Belfast is partly in Co. Down most is on the Antrim side of the border and Belfast queries go there (just click on 'report to moderator' to ask for this to be moved to Antrim board).

English marriages list names and occupations of the fathers- so, what's listed for JB's father? Did the marriage to Mary Ann Wilson take place before or after 1864? and was it in England or Ireland?

Lots of Catholic churches in Belfast (thy were Catholic?) but not all records possibly cover early 1800s- http://registers.nli.ie/
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!