Author Topic: FTM 2017 free upgrade download problem  (Read 3766 times)

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
FTM 2017 free upgrade download problem
« on: Thursday 20 July 17 14:58 BST (UK) »
Has anyone tried to download the FTM 2017 upgrade files via the email link ? I've been trying for a couple of hours without success. With IE 11 I get a "download was interrupted " message and when I resume it just stops  again. I reset my default browser to Chrome and more or less the same thing happened , except that it says " time remaining to download 1 day". I've emailed Support and had an automated reply saying it may take a week for them to respond and suggesting I try LiveChat , where I found I was 32 in the queue.  My internet connection is fine and my security software is not blocking the download.

Is it just me or are others struggling ?

Christine
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: FTM 2017 free upgrade download problem
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 July 17 15:08 BST (UK) »
I had problems on my Macbook Pro as it downloaded but wouldn't install by double clicking. I eventually found a way round it and it works fine.

What speed is your internet connection? I have about 140mbs and it took a lot longer than I expected.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 July 17 16:10 BST (UK) »
That's really fast ! I've just tried to check mine and found that my isp , Talktalk , is "undergoing maintenance ," and my account , tools and Service Status etc are unavailable. I think I'll hold off for 24 hours and try again. ( I'd already delayed as we've had the plumbers in for nearly 3 weeks and I couldn't give it my attention ).

Thanks for replying . I'm glad yours worked !

Christine

Online Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 July 17 16:13 BST (UK) »
What speed is your internet connection? I have about 140mbs and it took a lot longer than I expected.

Haven't downloaded mine yet but definitely not looking forward to it after this comment... we don't have high speed broadband in our area yet so I'm on a fraction of that speed  :(
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 20 July 17 16:17 BST (UK) »
Don't let me put you off . You might be fine. I'm just frustrated that McKiev support seems to be a bit slow.

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 July 17 10:30 BST (UK) »
 I downloaded last Sunday and had no problems at all - just follow the instructions,they warn you to be patient ! :)

Kim

Offline kiwihalfpint

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Women and Cats will do as they please
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 21 July 17 10:39 BST (UK) »
Downloaded on Tuesday with no problems at all, think it only took half an hour or so.

Cheers
KHP

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 21 July 17 11:18 BST (UK) »
I downloaded last Sunday and had no problems at all - just follow the instructions,they warn you to be patient ! :)

Kim

I'm afraid it's not a question of patience. The download just stops and when I resume it stops again. I left it running all evening yesterday and when I went back it had stopped  again. It doesn't progress beyond a couple of percent.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 21 July 17 11:46 BST (UK) »
There doesn't seem to be much help on line does there? One thing I noticed though was this

" Conflicts with other software (such as security software) can stop Family Tree Maker from installing properly."

It also says that Windows has to be up to date

https://support.mackiev.com/225797-Issues-installing-Family-Tree-Maker#Does your computer meet the minimum system requirements?