Author Topic: FTM 2017 free upgrade download problem  (Read 3769 times)

Online Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: FTM 2017 free upgrade download problem
« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 July 17 11:57 BST (UK) »
There doesn't seem to be much help on line does there? One thing I noticed though was this

" Conflicts with other software (such as security software) can stop Family Tree Maker from installing properly."

It also says that Windows has to be up to date

https://support.mackiev.com/225797-Issues-installing-Family-Tree-Maker#Does your computer meet the minimum system requirements?

I've looked at my security logs and there are no issues there ( I have it set to ask me rather than automatically blocking downloads anyway ). I meet the requirements and my system is up to date.
I've  been trying again this morning but it's just the same. I downloaded the prior 2014 update a few months ago without any problems.

Perhaps I have a faulty link - who knows ???

I'm rapidly going off the whole idea !
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 21 July 17 15:44 BST (UK) »
Well despite me having to chase them up, mine is downloaded and synched. I waited till after that to set up my new printer and there much difference with the set up between the 2. Did n't take that long and i'm on talktalk. I was debating whether I could download before the storm happened and it was late afternoon 2 days ago. The onlything was the familysearch reg form.It froze of me and ended up using task master to deal with it. Not sure about the familysearch option. It does put little squares for the hints but I may just do it occasionally or when stuck. My main problem was despite me having problems to get them to change my ordering email cos my link could n't obviously go to a no longer functioning email when I got my link it did n't recognise my email on going via the face book link as I had n't received it(you know that notice to say everyone who had preordered had been sent it which was a load of rubbish as could be seen on face book comments). I had to send a copy of the acknowledgment of email change but no number and old email to verifify my order. I also went onto facebook to comment were others were complaining they had n't received their link and within 2 hours my link arrived! Funny that as email said 1-2 business days or sooner! Then still did n't recognise my new email address so I put my old email on as they say use the one you ordered with but did n't make sense as changed it, went through the ordering and on registering put my new email on and it worked! I noticed someone was 68 in the queue and someone was about 52 and they'd waited ages. The support is n't good enough, it depends who you get and you have to go through live chat!

Online Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 21 July 17 16:47 BST (UK) »
Well I got there in the end !

I resorted to forwarding the email to another laptop , running the same set up , downloaded the files to the desktop there , copied to an external hard drive and then copied from the hard drive to my laptop. The installation then went smoothly and I have converted and opened my main trees.
I still  have no idea why I couldn't download the file in the first place !!

Large G&T for me tonight and cheers for all the replies !

Christine
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 21 July 17 17:07 BST (UK) »

So pleased to hear that Christine53 :)

Kim

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 21 July 17 17:33 BST (UK) »
Glad that you got there in the end, very strange though why it wouldn't download yet went perfectly okay from an external hard drive!
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk