Author Topic: Death date for Eliza Johnson, formerly gill.  (Read 1186 times)

Offline peggysmum

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death date for Eliza Johnson, formerly gill.
« on: Thursday 20 July 17 19:09 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone. I wander if i might be able to get some help pinning down the death date for me of my 3 x great granny. I have tried before and had no luck. So i wandered if someone here might see something i am missing for continuously looking and banging my head on the wall. This is her timeline as i have it.
She was born Eliza Calladine 31st May 1846 on Newbold Moor to Jarvis and Eliza nee Bostock (his cousin).They are a family of pot hawkers who would winter in whittington moor derby to buy new stock and then move off come spring moving there way down the country till they got to Wales.
1851 census they are in Llanelly, Breconshire.
1861 census they are in Neath, Glamorgan.
23rd sept 1866 Parish church, Chesterfild marriage to Edward Gill
24th oct 1867 birth of only child Samuel Gill. Unstone.
25th Oct 1871. seperated from Ed. He prosecuted her, her dad, brother Bill and sister Betsy for taking all the household goods after she left him.. He got the lot back.
Jan 8th 1875 whittington Moor she was walking to Unstone when she got robbed.
Oct 5th 1875 court for above.
1881 census she is missing but Edward and Son Samuel are living with his new bigamous wife Sarah in unstone.
Dec 1882 Edward Gill killed in an accident at unstone colliery. Both Eliza and Sarah attended the inquest and funeral as his wife. Newspapers loved that.
3rd Nov 1884 Newbold wedding to William Johnson (father in law of Eliza's brother Charles) he was from another pot hawking family from Whittington moor.
23rd June 1888 Dronfield. As Eliza Gill drunk with a John Cunningham.
7th March 1891 Whittington moor. Eliza Johnson with Matilda Gill (her daug in law) assualted by Henry Harrison, Eliza's sister Jemima's husband.
26th March 1892 Whittington Moor another argument this time with Elijah Hallam her sister Betsey's husband. This time she called herself Eliza Gill.
25th May 1895 Back as Eliza Johnson with John Cunningham again and he beat her up.

Now there is an Eliza Johnson with a husband William in Newbold in the 1881 and 1891 census but i have worked out this Eliza is nee Huff.This lady died in Newbold in 1912.
I have a possible death for her in Derby in dec 1921 bn c1849. Seems possible to me that she stayed in Derby. Her only child Samuel died in 1910 but his partner Matilda and there children stayed in Derby. I can not find her in any census or any thing else about her. Would so like to pin her down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Tracey
waters/walters-berkshire
tanner and adby- berkshire
loveridge and parker romanies from suffolk,essex,beds,bucks and herts
gill- derbyshire
turvills-hinks,leicestershire
calladine and Bostock,pot hawkers-Derbyshire

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Death date for Eliza Johnson, formerly gill.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 July 17 22:46 BST (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline peggysmum

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 July 17 08:33 BST (UK) »
thankyou Carole. Im still no further forward with her. She is being elusive. I think i will just have to order the certificate and hope its not another wasted one.
waters/walters-berkshire
gill- derbyshire

Offline billy gill

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 January 18 22:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tracey,I've seen you mention Samuel and Matilda gill,I've just started doing my family tree for my daughter &they are both in my family tree,I wondering if you could help I'm try go as far back as possible but stop at Samuel and Matilda

Offline peggysmum

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 21 January 18 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Billy . yes im more than happy to help with the family. my grandad was sam and matilda's son sam. Are you connected to Billy gill the son of caroline. I will pm you my email. i think you should be able to read it but i know to reply you have to have made i think about 3 comments so if you cant see it or reply just add a couple of comments here.
Tracey
waters/walters-berkshire
gill- derbyshire