Author Topic: Zadok Roper  (Read 932 times)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Zadok Roper
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 July 17 23:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks Carole for confirming that. I think 1901 age on the Irish census must be wrong age for her and I am looking at one wife
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 July 17 23:26 BST (UK) »
I was just off to bed and got drawn in again  :)

Another possibility that Elizabeth dies and he goes back to Ireland to where daughter Lizzie is and remarries a younger woman.

Brie

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 July 17 23:28 BST (UK) »
His marriage and death are available to view on:
https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/

Looks like brother-in-law John SAUNDERS on the 1911 census was the informant on the death.

Maureen

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 20 July 17 23:31 BST (UK) »
I was just off to bed and got drawn in again  :)

Brie

Sorry ::)

MaureeninNY Thank you for that. It is likely he was stationed in Ireland as I can't find him on 1871/1881 in England
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 20 July 17 23:41 BST (UK) »
I was thinking a baptism for Lizzie might be useful if it names the parents but I haven't yet found one. That being said I haven't had much experience at finding my way round the Irish sites.

Looks as if Lizzie got into a spot of bother later with the law. Will send details tomorrow if they are of interest as must discipline myself and go to bed. Work tomorrow.

Brie

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 20 July 17 23:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you Brie will look forward to that info...sorry for keeping you up

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 24 July 17 12:18 BST (UK) »
iluleah,

I am sorry, I cannot seem to find the info about Lizzie - goodness knows where I saw it. I've been trawling through sites to find it but to no avail. What I remember seeing was that she was in the Bullevant area and had got into trouble - not very serious. I think it was a minor public order offence but not sure. Will keep looking and if I find it get back to you. I always think I will remember things and then don't - the ageing process I suppose  ::)  Memo to self - write everything down. # senior moments.

Brie

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 24 July 17 12:34 BST (UK) »
Iluleah,

It would appear I have been maligning Lizzie. I have found the reference from the Irish PSD records. Lizzie was the complainant and a (name I can't read) Geary was the defendant. Geary also from Buttevant was charged with threatening and abusive language. The case was in court 8 Sep 1916 and adjourned to the following court. So far haven't found what happened.

Brie

Offline Brie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 24 July 17 12:45 BST (UK) »
Hello again,

It appears they were back in court on 28th Dec 1916. Lizzie wanted Geary (whose name I still can't read but would guess at Jude) to be bound over. However, s/he was found not guilty. At least I believe is reads NG - the handwriting is really difficult to decipher!

Brie