Author Topic: Photoshop Elements 9 not working after Win 10 updates  (Read 3815 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Photoshop Elements 9 not working after Win 10 updates
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 19 May 18 14:37 BST (UK) »
I'm using Elements v11 which was originally installed on Windows 7, been upgraded to Win10 v1511 and recently v1709, not had an issue.  Obviously been lucky so far ....
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline MKG

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Warts and all, they're all mine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 20 May 18 13:19 BST (UK) »
Some of you may like to have a look at GIMP  - a totally free open source program which does most of the things Photoshop does. It's pretty mature now, although is still under constant development. It's not the easiest thing to use but, let's face it, neither is Photoshop. Worth a 'play-with' at least, I would think. And, I'll repeat, as open source software, it's completely free.

https://www.gimp.org/
Griffiths, Howard, Johnson, McLeod, Rizz(a)(i)(o)
Berwick (Tweedmouth and Spittal), Blyth(N'land) between the wars, Wrexham, Tattersett

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 29 June 18 12:53 BST (UK) »
Spoke to soon about having no issues with PSE11 after recent security updates, went to use free rotate layer and it was greyed out, as was transform and recompose, but other rotate menu options were available.  A lot of googling found no answer, just answers to other issues caused by MS updates, so posted on the Adobe Forum and a suggestion came back to delete the preference file.  Did this, and now all working OK.  I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling but had told it to keep the preferences which explains why that method didn't resolve the problems.  Anyone having issues in future its worth looking at the preference file and deleting it (make a note of the settings before doing that) - several methods on doing this can be found here http://www.photokaboom.com/photography/learn/Photoshop_Elements/troubleshooting/1_delete_preferences_file.htm.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day