Author Topic: John Barfoot born 1824 Coventry land agent Tipton  (Read 459 times)

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Barfoot born 1824 Coventry land agent Tipton
« on: Saturday 22 July 17 10:28 BST (UK) »
Hi
A couple of weeks ago a lady came to my family history group looking for the gentleman mentioned and we failed to find his baptism.We could have been more helpful but it was a busy week and wouldn't you know I found it after she had gone.I can't remember your name or any way to contact you but if you are out there looking for John Barfoot born 1824 Coventry here's the answer.

John Barfoot age 47 agent Horsely Heath baptised Tipton St Martin 7.5.1871 s of John and Jane watchmaker.It's on Freereg.
His son Thomas Hassle Barfoot is also on there baptised at the Horsley Heath Centenary Chapel 21.5.1871.

Parents marriage Coventry St John 9.7.1820 John Barfoot and Jane Hassle wit John and Ann Hassle and Ebenezer Barfoot.

The family seem to have no child baptisms.
Jane dies at Coventry Sep 1846 age 52 and John remarries Sophia Ruddle 1847 at Bethnal Green.Here he is a widowed book seller with a father Thomas Barfoot grocer.

The 1861 census gives him a full name of John Parr Barfoot born c 1799 Husbands Bosworth Leicestershire.
No baptism but there is a marriage there 5.11.1797 Thomas Barfoot and Ann Parr and they appear on the 1841 census as a grocer.

Other possible siblings for John Parr Barfoot-Ebenezer 1803,Mary 1806,Anne 1810 and Thomas 1811.

If you're out there,sorry we didn't crack it on the day.

Ciderdrinker