Author Topic: Washbrook baptisms pre-1754 DAY  (Read 198 times)

Offline helvissa

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
    • Essex & Suffolk Surnames
Washbrook baptisms pre-1754 DAY
« on: Sunday 23 July 17 14:13 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

Does anyone have access to Washbrook baptisms pre-1754?

I've got SFHS burials on CD which goes back before then for Washbrook, but Findmypast Suffolk baptisms and marriages don't go back any earlier for them. Neither does the SFHS when I contacted them to ask.

I have an ancestor called Elizabeth Day, whose 1771 marriage licence allegation and bond (she wed in Elmstead, north-east Essex) says she was 20 and the daughter of Abraham Day. I've transcribed loads of records for that part of Essex, without finding her baptism.

But the other day, I transcribed a marriage in Lawford, about 5 miles from Elmstead, and found a marriage in 1716 between Abraham Day of Washbrook, Suffolk (about 10 miles from Lawford), and Mary Burrell of Little Bromley. This led me to look at Washbrook as a possible location for Elizabeth Day and her dad on the marriage licence, but I'm stuck because I don't have access to the baptisms!

If any of you have Washbrook microfiche and wouldn't mind having a look for the baptism of an Elizabeth, daughter of Abraham Day sometime around 1751 I would be very, very grateful!

I may have to approach SRO myself, but I thought I would ask on here first.

Thanks,
Helen.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.