Author Topic: Washbrook baptisms pre-1754 DAY  (Read 816 times)

Offline helvissa

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Washbrook baptisms pre-1754 DAY
« on: Sunday 23 July 17 14:13 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

Does anyone have access to Washbrook baptisms pre-1754?

I've got SFHS burials on CD which goes back before then for Washbrook, but Findmypast Suffolk baptisms and marriages don't go back any earlier for them. Neither does the SFHS when I contacted them to ask.

I have an ancestor called Elizabeth Day, whose 1771 marriage licence allegation and bond (she wed in Elmstead, north-east Essex) says she was 20 and the daughter of Abraham Day. I've transcribed loads of records for that part of Essex, without finding her baptism.

But the other day, I transcribed a marriage in Lawford, about 5 miles from Elmstead, and found a marriage in 1716 between Abraham Day of Washbrook, Suffolk (about 10 miles from Lawford), and Mary Burrell of Little Bromley. This led me to look at Washbrook as a possible location for Elizabeth Day and her dad on the marriage licence, but I'm stuck because I don't have access to the baptisms!

If any of you have Washbrook microfiche and wouldn't mind having a look for the baptism of an Elizabeth, daughter of Abraham Day sometime around 1751 I would be very, very grateful!

I may have to approach SRO myself, but I thought I would ask on here first.

Thanks,
Helen.

Offline helvissa

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Washbrook baptisms pre-1754 DAY
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 September 18 15:15 BST (UK) »
Should anyone be interested - I ended up buying fiche for both Washbrook and Belstead and have been transcribing them.

You can find them on www.freereg.org.uk and also on my website, http://essexandsuffolksurnames.co.uk/parish-register-transcriptions/suffolk/washbrook-st-marys/

I did indeed find an Elizabeth, daughter of Abraham Day, baptised in Washbrook in 1751! Now to find out more about Abraham and his wife Mary Rafe...