Author Topic: Charlote Ball born 1835 Swanwick - info on Ball family  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charlote Ball born 1835 Swanwick - info on Ball family
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 18:11 BST (UK) »
Have you tried freeberg ?...

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 19:56 BST (UK) »
Rosie 99 - My great great grandfather James Cockayne was married twice, firstly to Zillah Richards in 1837, then to Charlotte Ball in 1881........I believe Zillah Richards was his first wife, married in 1837 and died in 1849 with cholera, childless......Was intrigued to know about Charlotte Ball, how, where and when he met her, who were her family ? - I believe her family were from around the Swanwick area in Derbys - she seemed to be 20 years younger than him, yet she married him and they had 8 children together, one of them being my great grandmother........ Could this lady be the person being talked about in my family, who was jilted at the alter when she was very young and then went onto to marry James Cockayne and become his second wife? - thankyou for your help in this matter, much appreciated.........Libralady

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 20:17 BST (UK) »
Freereg doesn't help you. The marriage took place in August 1861 after the census the same year. There is only one Charlotte Ball listed with a street address in Swanwick Alfreton in that census - which I listed above. Rosie99 gave the details of the baptism for Charlotte (father Joseph, Mother Hannah) in 1835 earlier.

By the way: the new GRO birth indexes give the maiden name of the mother of Joseph Ball listed in the above census ( and the 1851 census) born about 1848 as JEPSON.

Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 22:53 BST (UK) »
1851 Census says Joseph Ball was born in Pinxton

btw: Sent you a PM

Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson