Author Topic: Zenegham Ammunition Store. France WW1  (Read 2639 times)

Offline ChrisJohnCoops

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Zenegham Ammunition Store. France WW1
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 22:27 BST (UK) »
jim1, Yes I agree. His company was assigned to the fourth Army under the Royal Canadian Engineers 4th on the Somme from 29 Sept 1916 to 10 Jan 1917, so they might have looked kindly on him. 

Offline MaxD

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 08:59 BST (UK) »
His disability statement and his discharge papers are clear and correct with 704 Company Labour Corps.  Why the errant 4 on the piece you posted?  who knows.

I have the feeling that you are fairly squared away with your man's service up to the Labour Corps time - is that correct?

maxD
I am Zoe Northeast, granddaughter of Maximilian Double.

It is with great difficulty I share with you that in the early hours of 07 August 2021, Maximilian passed away unexpectedly but peacefully.

With deep sadness,
Zoe

Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

Offline ChrisJohnCoops

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 09:58 BST (UK) »
maxD. Correct. I needed to find out his hospitalisation details which I am now satisfied with to add to his timeline on the Lives of the First World War website being built by people remembering an individual. It will be closed May 2018 then correlated and published on line. Most important to have as many remembered as possible. Anyone can add facts, stories etc to an individual by registering for free and raising a name and regiment number in order to complete one persons timeline from birth to death. You can add, challenge facts etc on any that are currently being built like my grandfathers by raising their name and regiment and clicking remembering them. 
Meanwhile I shall post for any private records that some families might have for the 704 Coy. Labour Corps.
Thanks maxD for your help.