Author Topic: Housley family Greasley/Newthorpe 1800's  (Read 4048 times)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Housley family Greasley/Newthorpe 1800's
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 17:00 BST (UK) »
CaroleW  - Yes, My granddad Joseph's mother was I believe called Bradshaw and he was one of six children.......He did die in 1969 at Strelley Notts....
My grandmother Florence's family are the ones who are very vague and secretive, she lived, I think in Ilkeston, her surname was Toplis, but she did not die in 1935 as I was born in 1945 and can remember her well living in Church Lane Greasley, where my dad grew up, they were very poor.......I married in 1970 and she was at my wedding, she possibly did die in 1974 ......Because of all the secrecy around her is why I would like to find out about her family tree.......well, never mind, thankyou for your help...Libralady

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 17:02 BST (UK) »
CaroleW  - Yes, My granddad Joseph's mother was I believe called Bradshaw and he was one of six children.......He did die in 1969 at Strelley Notts....
My grandmother Florence's family are the ones who are very vague and secretive, she lived, I think in Ilkeston, her surname was Toplis, but she did not die in 1935 as I was born in 1945 and can remember her well living in Church Lane Greasley, where my dad grew up, they were very poor.......I married in 1970 and she was at my wedding, she possibly did die in 1974 ......Because of all the secrecy around her is why I would like to find out about her family tree.......well, never mind, thankyou for your help...Libralady

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Housley family Greasley/Newthorpe 1800's
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 17:13 BST (UK) »
Joseph Housley married Florence Toplis, they had 4 children, Grace, James, Thomas and Joseph (my dad) - A very secretive lot, they were originally from Newthorpe, Swingate at Kimberley and Greasley............were related to the Bradshaw's of Strelley Farm......My grandmother was in service there and met my granddad, they married in 1913 - my aunty Grace was born in 1909/10 when my Grandmother was single.....Who her father was is a mystery and closely guarded secret.....

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 17:16 BST (UK) »
Yes William and Ann could be his parents, heard the names mentioned, but thought they were called Joseph and Sarah........Sounds like the Normanton entry is correct as Grace was born in 1910.........
Having trouble getting into these sites, only just joined and am having teething problems......found 3 Ann Bradshaws and 3 William Bradshaws, but I do not know the whereabouts exactly that they came from originally.....so will have to call it a day.............Many thanks to you.....Libralady