Author Topic: Dating two photos of the Watson Family  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
Re: Dating two photos of the Watson Family
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 18:11 BST (UK) »
I wonder if 'she' was actually a 'he ::)
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 18:19 BST (UK) »
I did wonder too...she has a very masculine look.... I was thrown by the design on the backs which I knew didn't fit with the fashion of the pair which I thought was 1860s...but was reluctance to suggest a reprint. Thank heavens for Jim and his superior knowledge  :D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 18:55 BST (UK) »
I'm glad not to be alone Treetotal. Being a life long admirer of the female form, her face' just doesn't  look right. I'd love that dress, swish, swish. 
Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 30 July 17 16:40 BST (UK) »
Another thing has been bugging me. Her dress could well be 1850's. I wonder if both the photographs are of the same person, say ten years or more apart.