Author Topic: Mary Crosby of Thornton wife of William Boddy c1780  (Read 591 times)

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Mary Crosby of Thornton wife of William Boddy c1780
« on: Monday 24 July 17 18:36 BST (UK) »
Hi

My family descends from Marys illegitimate son William born 1809, census returns point to her birth being around 1777-1781 Thornton, there is a birth for Mary to Thomas Crosby 28 Feb 1780 he had an earlier daughter Mary 1772 who must have died before Marys birth, a Mary Crosby married Henry Hodgson in Thornton but as William was born to Mary Crosby in 1809 my Mary wasn't a widow before marrying William Boddy a year later.  Some people have William marrying this Mary others marrying a later Mary Crosby born in Nunnington whose birth date and location don't match census returns or Marys death in 1861 the problem is both Mary's appear to have Thomas as their father and on various family trees descending from the Otterburn/Duchman families several generations earlier, I know from experience not to rely on family trees so I don't want to add Thomas Crosbys earlier ancestors to my family tree until I have the correct details if applicable, so any help sorting through this family would be appreciated

Julie