Author Topic: Sarah b 1840 South Carolina. Wed Anderson. Son Solomon T  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Gerryk

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sarah b 1840 South Carolina. Wed Anderson. Son Solomon T
« on: Monday 24 July 17 21:34 BST (UK) »
Anyone have information on Sarah Anderson,of South Carolina, prior to 1880?  She shows up in 1880 USA census with a son Solomon T., daughter Everlee V. But also a daughter Margaret Clark aged 28, which can hardly be right.
I'm looking for an Irish connection, possibly through her husband.
Thanks to all responders.
Gerry.
Kane, Cleary, Kennedy, Flynn,

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah b 1840 South Carolina. Wed Anderson. Son Solomon T
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 22:10 BST (UK) »
Margaret could be a step-daughter.  Or, perhaps Sarah's and Margaret's ages were slightly incorrect with Sarah being slightly older and Margaret being slightly younger than was stated.   :-\

Could this be a possibility for Washington and Margaret?  However, looking at an online tree, they don't appear to be related to your family group.
1870 Santee, Claredon, SC Census
Jno W Clark, age 33, Farmer
Susan? M Clark, age 16, Keeping House
Both born in South Carolina
Married in May 1870.

Could this be a brother or other relative of Sarah's husband?  Found four entries below the 1880 image for Sarah:
John J Anderson, age 24
Trisan M, age 20, wife
Wesley W?, age 2, son
Ansey? Jane, age 1, daughter

Looking at an online tree, they state that John James' father was Solomon "Sol" Anderson, born 1820.  However, according to this tree, his children were: John James, Mary and Alice.  [No known likely candidate for your Sarah's husband.]  But...if there is a connection to Sol, perhaps your Solomon was named after him?  :-\

Apologies if the above are a wild goose chase.

Do you have any information about Sarah after 1880, please?  Also, could Everlee be Evalee (however, I've not yet found anything for an Evalee).
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Gerryk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa.
Thanks for your help.
Ancestry DNA recently turned up a connection between jimmy in N Carolina, descendent of Sarah, and me in Ireland. He has 20% Irish ethnicity and we are trying to find out how.
I'll ask him to respond about your suggestions.
Thanks again
Gerry.
Kane, Cleary, Kennedy, Flynn,

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 22:39 BST (UK) »
I'm looking forward to reading his reply.  Thank you, Lisa   :)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline roseta1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 23:31 BST (UK) »
Hello...everyone..

I am Jimmys wife..Roseta

I have tried different spellings..everything I can think of..Last night I did find Jimmys father's draft card because sometimes they have names on them but it didnt..

I have looked into Catholic orphanages in Charleston...nothing..yet...

I have been doing this for several years and I believe we are close..as all of us know people change dates..names..ages..but DNA does not lie.....lolol..

The newspaper clipping from  Jimmys grandad is puzzling....its on the family tree under his dad's info....

I can't find anything in the census...about them or the children yet..

Can anyone get more info about his military service?   

I've tried to look up Arthur Anderson..Blonchie Anderson...Everlee..there are similarities but nothing really fits...there were several Anderson's in Georgetown County SC..and according to Jimmy they were all related which mirrors what the newspaper states..

If all info is correct..maybe Sarah Anderson came from Ireland?  I know documents state SC..or maybe her parents came from Ireland?

As we have all said we are close and we will find it..

Last night I started to work from the beginning..starting from the newspaper clipping of Jimmys granddad..William Blanchard Anderson.....I want to call the church in hopes they have more written documentation about him..

If I get any info I will let everyone know..

Talk to all of you soon!!

Roseta White

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 23:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Roseta:

Welcome to RootsChat.   :)  Thank you for providing the information.

I'm a little confused (a common occurrence).   ;D  May I ask please why you think the connection is with Sarah Anderson/her husband?  Is Anderson Gerry's only tie with America?  I know very little about DNA testing, but 20% seems fairly high to have just one ancestor from Ireland.  Is there a chance that Jimmy has a different ancestor who could be related to Gerry, since Sarah Anderson does not yet appear to have a close tie with Ireland?

Offline roseta1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 00:04 BST (UK) »
Hello...

Of my understanding Gerry believed there were Anderson surnames on his family tree that linked to the 2 of his surnames in Tennesse...I believe it was the surname Beatty ..ive been stuck on Sarah Anderson for awhile....so if we found the link from Sarah Anderson to the other surnames he has..

So I personally believe Anderson is linked to one of his surnames that he has listed on his tree..

Thx

Roseta

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 00:20 BST (UK) »
Ok, thank you.  I'll reread your first thread and see if I can find anything helpful.  Someone else may find something before I do.  ;)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 00:38 BST (UK) »
To avoid duplicating previous searches, do you know where the name Blanchard originated; was it from the Flower or Anderson side?  Is there any chance that Blonchie Anderson could be a nickname or misunderstood (and actually be Blanchard)?

I have to stop for a bit, but I will return tonight.