Author Topic: Marriage record for William Goddard and Eliza Stockton  (Read 4666 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage record for William Goddard and Eliza Stockton
« Reply #54 on: Friday 28 July 17 17:59 BST (UK) »
Except that was Sarah Stubbs. Hmm.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 28 July 17 20:16 BST (UK) »
Mother's maiden name was Barker, for Elizabeth Stockton.

This entry isn't her - this birth was March quarter 1841.   She was born 19/12/1840 and bp.24/1/1841 Halifax, dau. of a William (Cart driver) and Sarah.

The Elizabeth born to Henry and Sarah was born 27/2/1840, bp.8/3/1840 Luddenden - it doesn't look as if her birth was registered.

Henry himself was baptised as Henry Stocton 4/10/1801 Market Drayton, Shropshire, son of Joseph and Elizabeth.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 28 July 17 22:03 BST (UK) »
So it probably was Stubbs then. There's an 1802 baptism in Market Drayton which fits. Thanks for the info on Henry. Thanks a lot.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 02 August 17 18:53 BST (UK) »
Could anyone help me with the deaths of Henry and Sarah Stockton? I've struggled to find anything. Henry was born in 1801, and was in Gloucestershire in 1861.