Author Topic: John Kearley (1794-1861) of Dorchester and Uxbridge  (Read 494 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
John Kearley (1794-1861) of Dorchester and Uxbridge
« on: Tuesday 25 July 17 13:52 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am enquiring about my 4x great-grandfather, John Kearley. He was born in Dorchester in about 1794, but moved to Uxbridge/Hillingdon before 1830. He married a girl from nearby Harefield, though I don't know her maiden name. I'd be interested in anything about the Kearley family of Dorchester, or his wife.

Thanks,

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: John Kearley (1794-1861) of Dorchester and Uxbridge
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 14:54 BST (UK) »
How certain are you of his year of death?  There is a burial record for a John Kearley (age 70) of Uxbridge in 1864.
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John Kearley (1794-1861) of Dorchester and Uxbridge
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 14:56 BST (UK) »
Sorry, it is 1864. I was thinking of his son, who died in 1881.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart