Author Topic: Peter Thorogood/Thurgood (1791-1856)  (Read 553 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Peter Thorogood/Thurgood (1791-1856)
« on: Tuesday 25 July 17 14:43 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am enquiring about an ancestor. Peter, like his son, his grandson, and his great-granddaughter (my great-grandmother) was born and bred in the village of Shalford. Does anyone know anything of his parents?

Thanks,

Adam McGregor
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Thorogood/Thurgood (1791-1856)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 15:06 BST (UK) »
Essex PRs can be viewed on the SEAX site (a google will soon find). It is a subscription site, but I believe you can just pay for a day or a week or such like. Worth it if you have lots of Essex ancestors to pursue and cant get to the Record Office in Chelmsford, as Essex is not covered well elsewhere online.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Thorogood/Thurgood (1791-1856)
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 15:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this. A good quarter or so of my ancestry is Essex, so I'll have to take a look.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart