Author Topic: Marriage record for William Cartwright and Ann Lambert  (Read 1127 times)

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage record for William Cartwright and Ann Lambert
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 07:40 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

It would also confirm if he was a bachelor or widower as there is a marriage in Norwell for a William Cartwright and Mary Ridge on the 29 Nov 1845.
I'm going in to Nottingham archives this week so will look to see who his father was.

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 07:42 BST (UK) »
That's very kind of you. Thanks.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 14:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that larkspur. Then they must have married before 1850. Is there a record for a William F. Cartwright in about 1865? He grew up with his paternal aunt and uncle, also in Norwell.

William Frederick Cartwright baptised Norwell 25 Nov 1866 parents William & Ann father a labourer.

There is also a William Cartwright 23 Apr 1865 son of Samuel & Jessy.
Hi again,

It would also confirm if he was a bachelor or widower as there is a marriage in Norwell for a William Cartwright and Mary Ridge on the 29 Nov 1845.
I'm going in to Nottingham archives this week so will look to see who his father was.

NG

Burial Norwell 22 Jun 1848 Mary Cartwright aged 35.
Just in case you don't have these.....
Baptism Norwell 4 Oct 1820 Wm. son of John & Mary Cartwright, labr.
Baptism Ossington 29 Oct 1824 Ann dau of Robert & Elizabeth Lambert, labourer
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 14:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks. I think the mystery is cleared up.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 17:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Adam,

Marriage Details: Norwell 29 Dec 1845

William Cartwright, full age, bac, a serv:, of Norwell, father John Cartwright, a Labourer
 Mary Ridge, mimor, spins, a serv; of Norwell, father Samuel Ridge, a Labourer
witnesses William Sudburn? and Barnabas Williamson (sorry if wrong a bit had to read)

I do have a copy of the marriage so if you what it pm me your email address.

"Burial Norwell 22 Jun 1848 Mary Cartwright aged 35." now I think that the age on this burial is wrong as she was a minor Under 21 yrs of age) on the marriage and the GRO site has her age as 21yrs.

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 17:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all that information. I don't really need the record; you seem to have explained it enough. I never knew that my ancestor was previously married, so thanks for all this.

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 17:13 BST (UK) »
Forgot to say Nottingham Archives don't have the Marriages 1801-1813 Norwell so was unable to look up the marriage for John Cartwright 1812.

NG

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 17:15 BST (UK) »
No problem, thank you for looking.

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 26 July 17 17:19 BST (UK) »
Now over to your other threads.