Author Topic: Herbert Barratt born 1886 Farnsfield Notts- family connections  (Read 3560 times)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Herbert Barratt born 1886 Farnsfield Notts- family connections
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 July 17 13:11 BST (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=775356.msg6291960#msg6291960

ROY if you just post a couple of replies to this   smilies even,you could send a private post. Welcome by the way
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 July 17 15:23 BST (UK) »
Sacko- well hello there, 2nd or 3rd cousin Roy - great to here from you........I have most of my information from Cheshiremog, who I was in contact with through this site during last week who will be related to you also, his great grandfather was William Cockayne our great grandmother Sarah's younger brother....as you may know Sarah (our great grandmother) and Charlotte Cockayne (twins) were the eldest of the Cockaynes, born in 1863, then James, Joe, John, Rosetta (died aged 4) William and Arthur followed.......There parent's were James Cockayne and Charlotte (nee Ball), They lived in Swanwick........
I have the family tree of the Cockayne's dating back to the 1700's, passed down to me from Cheshire mog.....I have some photo's of the Cockayne family,  but do not know who they are as I was born well after they had all died.......I live in Newthorpe Eastwood and have been in touch with John and Mary Barratt, they are the only remaining cousins to my mother who was a younger daughter of Lucy nee Barratt and Arthur Thorpe, (your great aunt and uncle)......Aunty Dorcas was their eldest child, then Jack, Joe, Margaret (My mother), Alan and Grace........I am in touch with all my cousins who are still around, but parent's aunts and uncles all died..........I am also new on RootChat.com, joined last week and came across Cheshiremog who was enquiring about Charlotte's Cockayne death....I new Charlotte was my great grandmother's sister so I replied and they gave me loads of information,  but just on the Cockaynes................I decided to search for the Barratt's......I heard about them when I was a child and was led to believe that they came from Ashbourne and were Irish immigrants, but through this site, it was mentioned that they came from Farnsfield and were a mining family, so I have been curious to find out, also am very curious to find out where Herbert and Sarah met, where they married also where and when the children were born, I know they moved to Pinxton when Lucy my grandmother was about 10 years old.........I thought that there was just 7 children, but according to this forum, there were 10.... (2 male stillborn)......My name is Lynn nee Housley, I was born on September 30th 1945 to Joseph and Margaret nee Thorpe in Hucknall Notts.....the 2nd of 6 children, I am married to Malcolm Taylor (1970) and have one daughter Jemma Swift she is married with 2 children and live in Awsworth.......I can remember Ada, married Alf Smitheringale (no children) and lived in Mansfield- Annie ?(cannot remember her husband or whether she had children, I was about 5 when she died) and Eliza, Married Sam Riley and lived on Lynncroft (no children), after he died she married George Harvey, lived on Engine Lane and then in Spinney flats, Nuthall - Eliza is one of my godmothers also remember Alfred, (cannot remember his wife) from my childhood, but do not have any recollection of ever meeting William, Henry or Marina, I know Marina (Minnie) married Fred Slaney and had Fred and Mary and Alf married, don't know who ? and they had Alf and John and lived on Three Tuns Road in Eastwood, Minnie's family lived around the corner on Edward Road.......John and Mary are cousins who married and live about a mile down the road from me at John's House.........I have not seen them for a while.....I was thinking about going to see them as I want to know where their parents, aunts and uncles were born and where they grew up before moving to Pinxton as I want to complete the family tree which I have been sent from Cheshiremog (he is Martin Cockayne, the great grandson of William Cockayne)........I am interested in photographs, but not the birth and marriage certificates as I think I have the dates they were married and I know Lucy my grandma was born April 14th 1888 and married Arthur June 8th 1908......the birth dates of all the other children would be great and the date they all married...........my name is Lynn Taylor ,........thankyou for contacting me, love to hear from you again.....libralady   Lynn   xxx

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 31 July 17 14:57 BST (UK) »
Lynn, you will need to remove your E Mail address as it is not allowed. You need to send it by the private messages box.  ;)
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 31 July 17 15:59 BST (UK) »
Okay......but I cannot get it off, there is no delete button, everytime I press quote, it keeps reappearing... can you delete my email address for me ? - libralady...

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 31 July 17 16:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Libralady

As a a moderator, I can delete your email address but have you tried using the 'modify' button to edit your post rather than the 'quote' button?

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Sacko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 31 July 17 16:41 BST (UK) »
I'm new around here so may have misunderstood, but the Help facility says you '....have up to 24 hours from your first posting to modify a topic...' so libralady will not be able to modify it.

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 31 July 17 17:36 BST (UK) »
No modify button on , just the quote, so I cannot get my e.mail address removed, could someone please delete this for me, thanks ?.......libralady,

Address deleted.

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 31 July 17 23:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks....libralady...

Offline Kateab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 07 September 17 20:57 BST (UK) »
Lynn, you will need to remove your E Mail address as it is not allowed. You need to send it by the private messages box.  ;)