Author Topic: Herbert Barratt born 1886 Farnsfield Notts- family connections  (Read 3565 times)

Offline Kateab

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Herbert Barratt born 1886 Farnsfield Notts- family connections
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 07 September 17 21:03 BST (UK) »
Hi. I am also a relation. John Barratt (married to Mary) is my uncle. I am Alfreds youngest. I know Herbert and Sarah married in June 1886 in Belper/Ripley. Would love to find out more.

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 07 September 17 21:49 BST (UK) »
Yes, Alfred Barratt would be my grandmother Lucy Barrett's youngest brother......I was lead to believe that he married and had 2 sons, Alfred and John, did not know about a daughter - I knew John married Mary, his cousin and they have no children, but did not know who Alf married and what children he has........I am struggling with the siblings their spouses and children and cannot find where Great grandfather lived after he and Sarah split up and when and where he died...... On my previous page is the info I found out.....Who are you ?........I know Herbert Barratt, born 1866, married Sarah Cockayne  a twin, born 1882 - they married in 1886 in Belper had had 10 children 2 stillborn and raised 8 children.......
Stillborn 1887 - Lucy (my gran) 1888 - stillborn 1889 - Ada 1890 - William 1892, Marina - Annie- Eliza- Henry - Alfred.............struggling with the spouses and children and cannot find where Herbert lived after they split up and where and when he died......Lucy married Arthur Thorpe in 1908 and had 6 children, their 4th child Margaret was my mother.....Ada married Alf Smitheringale, do not know when, they lived in Mansfield, no children...Eliza married Sam Riley, do not know when and lived I Eastwood, no children...cannot find anything about the other's their spouses and children.....I want to find out so that I can do the family tree.......I have the family tree sent to me from a relative of the Cockayne family, all the way down to Sarah's family and her siblings with photo's......Have not been doing research for a while as I have been too busy, (school holidays and grandchildren) -my mother Margaret passed away 2003, she was cousin to Removed Barratt who seem to be the only 2 left alive....Have no one to ask for help, just relying on this site, not been helpful with Herbert, he seemed to have disappeared....Anyway, I will keep trying.....I have sent Removed all the info about my Grandmother, Lucy and all her children, grandchildren etc.....Maybe he will pass it onto you......My name is Lynn Taylor and I live in Newthorpe Notts....

Offline Kateab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 07 September 17 22:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Lyn.
I am Kate and live in Grendon Atherstone. I don't know too much. Have searched online. But all so confusing. My dad Alfred (Johns) brother married Sheila. We went to South Africa in 1972. I came back 8 years ago this month. My sister is living in long Eaton and my brother lives in South Africa. He was here on holiday and we visited uncle and aunty a couple of weeks ago.He said I was the 3rd person in the last few weeks to ask him about the cockaynes. My dad does not know too much about his aunts and uncles but I found a list of their names on the internet. I believe we are related to sir Thomas cockayne. They had ashbourne house and I found out also pooley hall in polesworth down the road from me

Moderator Comment: Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 07 September 17 22:14 BST (UK) »
I'm presuming here that Sarah is (one of the) daughter of James and Charlotte Cockayne. I've spent much time over the last couple of months unravelling their story - especially two rather sad outcomes in the 1870s. I haven't explored the family any further than that but would be interested to know who their sons and daughters ultimately married.

Alan

Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 07 September 17 22:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks Kate, have made a note of your e.mail and have sent a brief message back to you, do not know whether you received it, have a temperamental PC.....
As it is late will write tomorrow with the info I have......Night Night......Distant Cousin Lynn Taylor nee Housley Xxx

Offline Kateab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 07 September 17 22:50 BST (UK) »
Glad you made a note of my email. Thought i put it in a private message but not too sure now. Might have to delete it.
Good night. Speak soon.

Offline Kateab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 08 September 17 21:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynn.
Just reading some of your posts again. Did you say Sarah & Herbert were your great grand parents? They are mine too.  My grandparenys were johns parents Alfred Mathuen & Hilda (Babs)

Offline Libralady

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 08 September 17 23:16 BST (UK) »
Herbert and Sarah Barratt were my great grand parents - their first child Lucy Barratt was my grand mother, she was Alfred's eldest sister......
I have tried writing you on the E Mail address you sent, but it will not send, maybe I have written it down wrong, please contact me on the e mail address I sent you........Lynn

Offline Kateab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 08 September 17 23:52 BST (UK) »
I did not get yours. Mine is Removed

Moderator comment: Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php